New project ( stock suspension 275 drag radial 72 duster)

-
If you made a new folder or put them in a slide show.....exc. The original referance won't be there any more and go blank on here, like it did.

Make a new folder in Photo Bucket, and then put your pic's in it! Then post them up to to us :D

Thanks Cudafever.
374.jpg
370.jpg

Looks great! Who is doing the cage? I see it looks to be gutted. If you want to do it yourself, and dont have a bender, get in touch with me. With a few dimensions from you, I can bend all the tubes and send them to you. Id do it for a great price. Help you, and it will give me the dimensions of the Dusters. Keep posting pictures.

Sorry guys, haven't posted in quite some time. I have been busy in the garage making what seems like a little progress. The car now has 4 wheel Wilwoods, completely new DTS built Dana with all Strange components, and Caltrac suspension. The interior has been converted to black with the exception of the inside of the doors which are in the process of being painted right now. The chromoly cage is now completed and ready to be certified. Over the winter we plan on modifying and powdercoating the K member, building the fuel system, running all new brake lines and fittings, and adding 4 wheel double adjustable shocks. To answer a couple of questions that have been asked, the 275s are mounted on 10" wheels and no cutting was required. I also have a JD Squared bender and bent, knotched and welded the cage. Everything has been done in my garage by my son and I, except the rearend, which was custom ordered. Here are some updated pics of our progress.

100_1186-2.jpg

100_1189-2.jpg

100_1183.jpg

100_1181.jpg

100_1174.jpg

Nice work on the cage. I really like the car, the bench seat, the hood, I just like it all. Keep up the excellent work!

Thanks for the encouragement guys. DJ, I have read about your build since the beginning, and that car is BADA$$. Sorry you couldn't make it this year, but at least you have a whole year to test and work the bugs out of it. Good Luck, Jody

Thanks for the encouragement guys. DJ, I have read about your build since the beginning, and that car is BADA$$. Sorry you couldn't make it this year, but at least you have a whole year to test and work the bugs out of it. Good Luck, Jody

Thanks man... Yeah, we'll have those bugs worked out for sure by next September. Would be bad *** if your ride was out there too...

What mods were needed to get those 15x10 and 275s to sit that low?

The fronts are 26" Mickey Thompson ET drags. All that was required to get the wheels and tires on was the offset hanger and shackle, although the rear end was narrowed to fit the offset. I new I was buying a new Dana so I bought the wheel offset that I wanted and had the rearend made to fit. As far as ride height the car has Calvert 1" lower monoleafs and a 2" lowering block. Final adjustments will be made to the lowering block when the motor, trans, and fuel tank are in place. Thanks Jody

Not much progress lately, trying to save some money towards the engine. Here's what little progress we've made. The removable chute mount and kill switch are almost done. We also added a chin spoiler and are not so sure that we like it but it is growing on us, what do you guys think? Thanks Jody
091.jpg

092.jpg

Phonepics062.jpg

The chute mount and switch look great. IMO I am not a fan of the chin spoiler, but to each there own I guess.

jody car is lookin good lots of progress since i bought the rearend from it very nice work waiting to drop mine off

-
Back