New Project!

-

thanson_mopar

Reaction score
ok you guys im sure youll give me a little grief because its not an A body but theres going to be another car joining the duster in the garage. I just purchased a 1968 Dodge Coronet 440 2dr hardtop. origionally teal blue metalic witha white vinyl top (roof suprisingly looks rust free and very solid for it beinga vinyl top car). Now this ones another project even though the dusters not 100% done, it will be soon. anyway I found this car at a all mopar salvage yard about 2 1/2 hours away from me. i bought this car and with it came extra glass, front and rear bumpers, 68 and a 69 grill(im going to use the 69 grill because i like it better) Extra driver side door that is rust/dent free, a mint condition rust free 68 hood trunk lid and an extra set of front fenders. This car has a non running 318 and automatic transmission on the column. Im thinking of stripping the down to the bar metal, put the car in primer, add some super bee emblems and stripe, adding a big block, 727 with full manual valve body, ratchet shifter and summit racing bucket seats. But then again ive got alot of ideas for it so who knows. These are just pics i took with my camera phone at the salvage yard so ill take some more pics when we get it back to my place. what do you think? any ideas?
tate

oh and the car is not nearly as rough as it looks in the pics

64c8c928a041.jpg

e3239213d72b.jpg

wow thats a nice white vinyl top have fun with that one looks like it will be a fun one to work on if you dont mind me asking how much did that one set you back good luck Justin

wow thats a nice white vinyl top have fun with that one looks like it will be a fun one to work on if you dont mind me asking how much did that one set you back good luck Justin

lol, you about confused me on the "nice white vinyl top" then i remembered i took these pics with the snow still on it. Well as far as pice is concerned i watched barret jackson and felt the need to give him 7k for it.......joking with the car and all the extra parts, which added up to ALOT ofextra parts, i gave him 1000.00. i felt it was a steal for as solid of a sd car as it is. Of course it is a typical b body mopar so it will eventually need a new trunk pan and a set of lower quarters but that about the extent of it. The only body damage is the driver side door is pushed in, but the damage ONLY touched the door so the guy i bought it from gave me a whole new clean rust free dent free door. The interior is half there half not. but that wasnt a big concern to me since i want to do it my way anyway. car is about 90% complete.....some assemly required. :headbang: cant wait to start

I think you made a great perches, That will be a good builder and you are very lucky to find a great mopar at that price.:thumbup:
Congratulations thanson mopar:headbang::coffee2:

I think you made a great perches, That will be a good builder and you are very lucky to find a great mopar at that price.:thumbup:
Congratulations thanson mopar:headbang::coffee2:

thanks mike, there are still good deals to be had out there. I picked up this 68 coronet and my buddy picked up a 69 road runner 440 the same day for about the same price

Some of us are lucky to have both A and B body cars. Welcome to the club. I think you did well with the purchase. I paid $250 for a rust free door for my Road Runner so you did good with that price.

Some of us are lucky to have both A and B body cars. Welcome to the club. I think you did well with the purchase. I paid $250 for a rust free door for my Road Runner so you did good with that price.

lol now i just need an ebody (70 dodge challenger RT 440 white) to join the group then im set, I couldnt believe all the stuff this guy had and alot of the body panels were in nice rust free or little rust shape. He gave me a hell of a deal and has been nothing but help

I looked at that car when I bought the 68 body I got from him, nice score.

68 fenders has a different headlight spacing than 69's do, so you will have to either modify them, or use 69 fenders. Then the round marker lights are not there, and has rectangle lights. I was going to use a 69 grille too, but I ended up going with a 68, I like it better, might as well have it all look period correct.
Here is a shot of the grilles on my 68's fenders

Miscpictures002.jpg

I looked at that car when I bought the 68 body I got from him, nice score.

68 fenders has a different headlight spacing than 69's do, so you will have to either modify them, or use 69 fenders. Then the round marker lights are not there, and has rectangle lights. I was going to use a 69 grille too, but I ended up going with a 68, I like it better, might as well have it all look period correct.
Here is a shot of the grilles on my 68's fenders

thanks, i went to get a 72 challenger but the car was a little too rough for the price, even though the price of e bodys is through the roof. so i found this coronet that i had to have. my buddy also bought a 69 road runner that was a couple cars to the left of this one. I guess i didnt know they had different fenders from 68 to 69 so i guess mabe ill just have to get a 68 rt black out grill. its definitly going to get a fiberglass six pack pin on hood, do you have any spare 68 parts?

What you see is what I got, I sold the 69 grille at shakopee two years ago. But you can see it doesnt fit the fenders at all.
B bodies are way cooler, good choice, and Im partial to the 68 any ways.
What do you need though.

What you see is what I got, I sold the 69 grille at shakopee two years ago. But you can see it doesnt fit the fenders at all.
B bodies are way cooler, good choice, and Im partial to the 68 any ways.
What do you need though.

well, the only thing I NEED is a trunk lid, not a show piece, just driver quality, just to keep water and snow out of the trunk. Ill need a few other parts too but not yet

I thought I read you got a trunk lid?
Sorry, the only ones I got are rusted bad. I had to scab the one I have together. Im cheap, and my labor is free, I fix alot of things most guys would throw away, I pick them up for nothing that way!

I thought I read you got a trunk lid?
Sorry, the only ones I got are rusted bad. I had to scab the one I have together. Im cheap, and my labor is free, I fix alot of things most guys would throw away, I pick them up for nothing that way!

yah , that was a typo, i meant to say that the only thing i dont have is a trunk lid, brad didnt have any and someone bought the one off mine. But if you have a lead on parts you can always let me know. South dakota mopar stuff is getting harder and harder to find...but worth it!

Yeah, those trunk lids are always way rusty. They are like challengers, they have a lip that hangs down and water/ condensation that sits there and rots em out.
Four door ones dont work either, so it is two door only. My valiant they are the same, not so on the b body.
Ebay has them once in a while, but shipping sucks. I would go to mopars in the park, I bet one could be found there. I got alot of stuff for my dads challenger and my coronet when I was there a couple years ago. Only time I was there, I think it is in adifferent location now, but still is a good show. I am usually circle track racing when that show is going on, so i never get a chance.

You found that where? I have lived in SD for 19 years and 1. have no idea where pukwana is and 2. have no idea where columbia is and 3. were there anymore cars sitting out there?

-
Back