New purchase Not A body but "survivor"

-

YY1

Reaction score
Had been looking for a driver A body Duster, or gen I/II Barracuda for quite some time, went to see this on the spur of the moment Friday and bought it kind of on impulse.
About every 12 hours that pass I get more and more pleased with my purchase.

I'd been looking within 150 miles and couldn't find anything with decent quarters and a solid cowl and A pillar. I did find a few /6 cars for $3500 and up, but not with the color/options combos that interested me.

I think I stole this 53000 mile survivor RL21G base Satellite with ps, pdb, and a/c for $4000 :)

Full story is on B body side-

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=36858

Attachments

• PSF.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_20120623_082328 [800x600].jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_20120623_113945 [800x600].jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 418
Man you stink I was lookin to get that car. Never got a chance to look at it what does it have for an engine do you have a pic? Very clean it looks like.
Would you sell it?

For 4k I think you got a hell of a deal! That vintage CB by iself has to be worth a few hundred! LOL

Good looking car! Real clean.

Everything works except a/c (but has been converted to 134), defroster, and wipers.
Master cyl is leaking, fixing that today, have linkage bushings for wipers, but have lost skin layers trying to put them on. Need to get fitting adapter to add 134 and test a/c.
I think the def issue is either a vac prob or a vent door prob.
Key buzzer works, turn signals return :)

PO said he'd had about a dozen people tell hem they wanted the car, and then never call/show back up.
Said last guy saw the green int and walked away without looking at anything else.

Nice guy, and I had a lot in comon with him. We had quite the adventure getting to my bank branch over there.
I took all the 100 dollar bills they had :)

I think this is conservatively somewhere between #3 and #2 condition, all things considered.

An average of KBB, Hagerty and CCMR puts the value in the $7K-9K range.

It's actually worth more than that to me at this point.

...but sometimes money talks!
I haven't registered it yet...you'd be the third owner...

There's this one..and it's already hot rodded and in hot rod colors-
http://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/3062027456.html

Looks like a greater power intervened to unite this survivor car with the right owner. I'm absolutely loving the green interior.

Nice ride you got,I also like the B bodies this was our last ride 74 Roadrunner with a well built 360 that could keep up with some BB carsss around here.I sold it to get what we have now.

Attachments

• 100_1025.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 344
Great Car we have a 74 318 AC car we did up for my dad. fun drive gets more looks than my cuda

the 73-74 power bulge hoods are just sexy. i dig these B Bodies

Attachments

• de4576.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 298
Really nice clean score :cheers:

Those 73-74 B-Bodies ride like a dream......congrats!!

For the wiper linkage on those, it's much easier to pull the pivots, arms, etc. and assemble on the bench. Still a PITA though....good luck LOL

Ya know I HATED the 71 body style, but the 73 was changed "just enough" that I kinda liked them. GREAT deal, I say

Congratulations on a very nize Plymouth at a good price :happy2:

-
Back