New rubber...finally some M/Ts.

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
I put it off way too long. Now that the Dart is fully streetable I decided I had better replace the 12 year old BFG T/As before they suffered a case of spontaneous catastrophic disassembly.

So, after looking at all the options, I decided to go with the Mickey Thompson S/Rs. No white letter option, which I may miss, but these will likely be MUCH better tires overall.

26x8s on 7inch front wheels, and 26x10s on 8s in the back. Hopefully they will be mounted within the week.

DSC_0119.jpg

You are going to enjoy those :cheers: very nice :glasses7:
:eek:ops: Congratulations superdart

Those new M/T s were all over the latest issue of CC . Will be interested to hear how you like them.

Nice, no smokin the times for you [-X lol

Probably not, LOL. Right now they break loose pretty easy...just stab the throttle. :D I'm sure there would be NO traction if I was stalling it up.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNqu6Px6XBg"]Yep, Trac-Loc works - YouTube[/ame]

cant wait to see some photos of your car with the new wheels! : )

Snuck the car over to the dealership where my friend works, they mounted my tires in exchange for lunch. I could only fit one tire in the trunk, but luckily I no longer have a back seat, so the rest fit just fine back there.

The car looks so out of place in a Merciless-Benz shop. :finga: There were two SLS' in the opposite bays. But, it gave me a good opportunity to look under it and check things out.

366.jpg

I haven't cleaned them up yet...just got it home when I took the pics.
MTSRSide.jpg

MTSRBack.jpg

MTSRRear.jpg

Now, the tech at the dealership played hell getting them to balance. He was/is convinced they were "bad" and needed to go back, based on how much trouble he was having getting them balanced, and watching the side to side play in the tire as it spun on the balancer. He's a nice guy who is good at his job, but he deals with Benz, Porsche, Maseratis, Bugatti, etc. He had no idea that the shank lug spacer inside the Weld Draglite was a floating piece, nor how to balance it properly. He has probably NEVER mounted a 60 series type 15 tire before. :dontknow: I drove the car home, with only a slight vibration from the front tires, and nothing coming from the rear (which he felt were worse than the fronts). I will probably drive the car for a few days to get the tires well broke in, then drop by my local tire shop and have them rebalanced.

I only have about 40 miles on them today (dealership was 30 miles from home). But they are quieter, smoother and noticeably softer than the T/As. The also seemed to grip very nicely going around turns. I need to get some more miles on them, but my first impression is that I am really going to like them.

-
Back