New Scat Pack 1320 Challenger

-
Say what they want about the new Mopar's (or as the haters say... Fiat), but these new Dodges are the best they've given us since the old Muscle car days...

I didn't see the vehicle weight in that article. By the MPH it must weigh 4500 pounds or a bit more.

Been away from racing so long I don't remember. If they did that test at Bandimere with an average Density altitude between 7500 to 8700 feet ,would that explain it? Our 2800 lb Vega averaged 11.30's at 114 there.

I didn't see the vehicle weight in that article. By the MPH it must weigh 4500 pounds or a bit more.
4500 lbs is about right.

My ‘06 Charger SRT comes in at just about that with me in the seat on the drag strip scales.

Radio delete kit, no A/C, no spare and accessories, remove the back seat. That would rid it of 300 lbs. Mammoth air box and filter another 20 plus the esthetic covers in the engine compartment. I bet the bumpers have substantial hidden weight.

My son just got a 2018 Scat Pack. He tossed me the keys one day, and it is a Beast !!!!!!
This new model sounds awesome. No denying they are big cars, but until you drive one you have no idea of the sure adrenaline rush they produce. These things Fly !!!!!
Cant say enough about the Scat Pack. Cant even imagine the Hellcat, let alone the Demon.Yikes !!!!

IMG_20180617_140338176.jpg

My son just got a 2018 Scat Pack. He tossed me the keys one day, and it is a Beast !!!!!!
This new model sounds awesome. No denying they are big cars, but until you drive one you have no idea of the sure adrenaline rush they produce. These things Fly !!!!!
Cant say enough about the Scat Pack. Cant even imagine the Hellcat, let alone the Demon.Yikes !!!!

View attachment 1715201305

Are u guys posting about the new challenger? Wide body , 797 horsepower !!

Are u guys posting about the new challenger? Wide body , 797 horsepower !!

The hellcat redeye! My friends mom drives an orange hellcat challenger. She was wanting to get a Porsche next until they announced the demon. MSRP markup is too crazy so they went back to Porsche. Then the redeye was announced and she is planning on getting a plum crazy hellcat redeye. Unless the markup is absurd on those also.

The hellcat is getting a small power increase next year AND the base MSRP will drip $5k. It'll be a sub $60k car! I'm pretty sure the hellcat will be offered in a widebody also. That's alot of car for the money.
IMAG1322.jpg

I had the pleasure of hitching a ride to Carlisle last week with this guy. He trailered his Demon from Wisconsin. I got to ride in it a few times and it is a rocket ship all right. Scary fast but with the stabilization control on it shot straight out of the cannon! 0-60 in maybe 3 or 4 seconds and to 100 in not many more. We were playing around at first and he chuckled and said "oh, that was in economy mode"! :rofl:
121.jpg
130.jpg
156.jpg
received951919705818328769.jpg
received951919705698328781.jpg

is your friends mom single?

Nope. Happily married. Known them since I was little. Me and my buddy went to school together from kindergarten to highschool and she worked at the school! They've sort of adopted me over the years. Nice car collection, great people.

Hopefully the hellcat will get the handbrake option. That trans is meant for a 800+ HP very heavy car. It'll surely handle the hellcat. Imagine a scatpack or hellcat engine in an A body with the 8 speed and transbrake!!

Can I trade the dual zone a/c , keyless entry , power seats and the rest of the useless crap for a second seat ?

The second seat is only a $1. You can find that much in between the seats of your trade-in!

Oh... I see. Well you can still have the other crap. Just get the weight down.

-
Back