New seller here

-

sunroof360

Reaction score
Selling here is not simple or easy. I have made a mistake, or two. several members have expressed interest in a part, and the sell did not go thru, I am cool with that. I am currently limited on messages, so it is possible I had to delete a PM, and missed some information, or made a mistake. I can assure all members, once a CONFIRMED sale is done. I will follow thru. I have sold on eBay for many years, my feedback is 100% perfect with over 500 positives. I came here to help members with small hard to find parts. I already have 1 member saying, I am not a man of my word, and he is going to post it. I did not have a confirmed sale with this gentleman.
Anyway, I am happy to be here.

NEW seller? You've been here 9 years... with 107 messages!

Anyone selling and expecting to keep up with inbox messages should at least spend the 60 bucks to be gold and never worry about their inbox being full again !

Welcome! Appeasing the masses ain't easy with a gabillion members, add to that the lynch mentality (I'm guilty of at times also) and it can be frustrating.
Like Dadsbee said, spend the $$ on gold membership.
That being said, I'm always looking for 67 cuda stuff:p

Thanks, I am certainly capable of making simple mistake, but to be told I am not a man of my word, stings a little. My skin is thick, but dang. I am here to assist members with hard to find parts. And I have already done that with some sales. Yes, I can not make everyone happy. I guess I should have said long time member starting to sell. Oops my mistake again.

Welcome. All I can say is the proof's in the pudding.

Actions speak louder than words stay in your lane and know thyself you will do fine

IMG_0962.jpeg

Yeah it can be a tough crowd when it comes to the for sale rules….but follow them and it will be fine. You should become a Gold member otherwise your mailbox will fill up real fast, I’ve been gold and needed to do this, plus no stupid pop up ads!! I haven’t been here much and I see my inbox is full and my gold expired so I need to renew it. I have lots of stuff to sell and I need to start selling here again like I did awhile back!

Welcome aboard, and I must say you are doing fine, and show top quality respect to all the staff members, your head is in the right space and hope to see more parts added to your for sale list, definitely go gold, you will see clearly and with out pop up adds, your inbox can get covered up and while selling you can miss many private conversation, going gold is the way to go with thousands of members to help/sell too.

Well, good luck with your selling. You did not mention what you were planning to sell. Are you going to part out cars? Are you going to be a middleman and sell new items? I agree that if you plan to sell much, a gold membership would be very beneficial to you. Otherwise, your box will fill up and you will lose sales and have people get angry because they could not contact you. I am a retired Air Force officer with 9600 flying hours mostly in C-130s. I was stationed at Little Rock AFB three times. First time was 1974-1977. The second time was 1984-1988. Then after a stint at the 21st AF Ops Center and a one year remote to Panama, I requested the last few years (1991-1993) of my career to be at Little Rock. I have been stationed all over the country and around the world, and the friendliest Air Force Base town EVER was Jacksonville. The term Southern Hospitality definitely applies to Jacksonville.

Save your money clear your in box daily, sell your parts, get paid. Stay out of the politics, simple.

clearing the box is a ***** , when the right stuff doesnt show up on screen to do it ....done o\it 4 times , still tells me no messages , but then says my box is full when I try to send one
---- it !

Welcome to the site. Even deleted conversations are stored if you look hard enough. As a buyer here we like good communication and coming thru with what is promised. Not to hard, I’ve sold here many of parts also never had an issue.

Selling here is not simple or easy. I have made a mistake, or two. several members have expressed interest in a part, and the sell did not go thru, I am cool with that. I am currently limited on messages, so it is possible I had to delete a PM, and missed some information, or made a mistake. I can assure all members, once a CONFIRMED sale is done. I will follow thru. I have sold on eBay for many years, my feedback is 100% perfect with over 500 positives. I came here to help members with small hard to find parts. I already have 1 member saying, I am not a man of my word, and he is going to post it. I did not have a confirmed sale with this gentleman.
Anyway, I am happy to be here.
Looking through your posting history I see you are parting out a Dart Sport. That's probably the most difficult and pain in the azz sales you can do here. Especially if you are not a Gold member. You have a whole car full of parts and every body that wants a part also wants photos shipping quotes and the like. There's a good reason why Joey put "one item per sale thread" in the rules. It works best that way. It can be done the way you are doing it but it is a pain in the azz for sure. If you're selling,especially a lot of parts, Gold is a huge plus.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the support and suggestions. I have Sold on eBay for many years, with over 500 positive feedbacks. I understand some members do not like or use ebay. I have access to a junkyard full of parts, I enjoy finding parts for people that have been looking for an odd or hard to find part. There is some real satisfaction getting that part to a car person. I go to the junkyard about once a month to pull parts. So I make a list and try to find stuff people need, and get other non mopar parts to sell on eBay. I humbly have much to learn here, and am learning on the go. I can sell thru eBay, which some members like, or I can sell direct, but no PayPal. Still learning the rules.

Looking through your posting history I see you are parting out a Dart Sport. That's probably the most difficult and pain in the azz sales you can do here. Especially if you are not a Gold member. You have a whole car full of parts and every body that wants a part also wants photos shipping quotes and the like. There's a good reason why Joey put "one item per sale thread" in the rules. It works best that way. It can be done the way you are doing it but it is a pain in the azz for sure. If you're selling,especially a lot of parts, Gold is a huge plus.
Really good suggestion, and that will be my next route.

-
Back