New Sharktooth Grille Pigtails!

-

Dfnsmn34

Margarita Mike
Reaction score
Aloha FABO Members!

I wanted to let you in on a great part I found that will work for any sharktooth grille (IMHO). The part is from a company called DORMAN and I believe it is available to you at your local parts store.

I was in need of turn signal pigtails for my newly acquired Sharktooth grille. The ones I have for the standard grille are the type that have two screws to mount them to the standard grille lamp sockets.

These I found worked great....the only HUMBUG part is I had to cut my existing pigtails to make them plug-and-play.

Here are the picture of the parts.

I soldered the existing pigtail to the new socket, heat shrinked them and then put another layer of heat shrink (black).

The BLUE connector is for the ground. I kept it for a quick disconnect so I didn't have to use a tool, to remove.

I hope this helps someone else....it sure helped me!

Oh yeah the parts are $5.99.

ONE OTHER HUMBUG....IT SAID ITS FOR gm...BUT ITS NOT MADE BY gm:bootysha:

Pigtail lamps NEW (1)small.JPG

Pigtail lamps NEW small.JPG

I haven't take any picture of the grille in place. I can. But I did install it....grille and plugs as of now...and the new plugs fit well...almost as if they were made for the sharktooth. No binding with the radiator support wall. The openings accommodate the plug housing perfect.

Aloha!

just a bump...I am happy about the find....just wanted someone else to be able to use it too....Aloha!

Here it is months later, and (with help from Tadjou) I find the solution to my problem. Thanks for helping out your fellow man.

Thanks for the post,,,,I have a sharktooth in my 70 Duster and have this same problem, so now I will be able to fix it correctly. :thumblef:

COOL!!!!

Aloha! I knew this would help others! This is why I really like FABO!

Good luck! Mike

nice job!!!.....still helping us out...over three years later

Aloha Mike! You're so excited about this it makes me want to sell my Cuda and go out and buy a sharktooth grille now. :-D

-
Back