[SOLD] New SSBC Mopar A/B Body Disc Brake Kit; Barracuda, Dart/Duster Shipping Now Included!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

fbcuda69

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
NEW SSBC Brake Conversion Kit 1963-1972 Mopar A-Body part# A153-2 - I bought this kit thinking I was going to do the big brake 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern setup on the front of my 1969 Plymouth Barracuda, but ended up staying with the original kelsey hayes set up instead and have now sold car. This kit is unused and complete for doing two wheels and is the Better SSBC kit with the slotted rotors and anodized aluminum calipers. I believe this could fit a number of A bodies and maybe even a few B body cars, but please check part number above for your application. $800*, *SHIPPING NOW INCLUDED (*continental 48 U.S. Only) Thanks ; Local Pick up price: $750

P.S.- I would much prefer not having to ship, due to sending two boxes because of shipping weight, but will consider shipping if needed to be.

UPDATE: Question was raised regarding part# and not being on SSBC web site. It is true that A153-2 does not show up anymore, but a153-1 still does. I believe SSBC has superseded my package with another number maybe because of now using a different type caliper. A153-2 still shows up on the Yearone website if anybody wants to check; and you will notice that the price has been lowered to $1249* (*discount exempt); $450 more than what I am asking. I included another pic of what my setup would look like along with a brief description regarding the package. PLEASE NOTE MY SETUP HAS CLEAR ANONDIZED ALUMINUM CALIPERS NOT BLACK.

If you want to find out more detailed info on the kit you can still go to the SSBC web site and look at the A153-1 package; my package would have all the same parts, but two much better upgrades; Slotted Rotors and Anodized Aluminum Calipers, thus the A153-2 designation used by SSBC and Not the 1. The 1 package has steel calipers and plain rotors; this is the reason the 2 package was a few hundred dollars more than the 1.
Hope this helps; pm me if you have further questions.

This is the summary on the other site I mentioned:

Part Number:9413-A153-2 * Discount Exempt
Stainless Steel Brakes Corporation Force 10 disc maual brake kit for 1965-1972 Mopar A-body models without 9" front drum brakes.
Stainless Steel Brakes Corp disc brake conversion kit includes everything you need to convert your drum brakes to disc brakes. This kit is designed to work with your original spindles. only. Uses RH lugs only. Kit includes:4-piston aluminum calipers, performance pads, Turbo-Slot vented 11" rotors, master cylinder, adjustable proportioning valve with gauge, braided-steel brake lines, brackets, bearings and seals, hardware and instructions.

key words: cuda, valiant, demon, roadrunner, super bee, charger,

Attachments

• sbc5.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 623
  • sbc1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 565
  • sbc2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 575
  • sbc3.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 552
  • sbc4.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 536
NEW SSBC Brake Conversion Kit 1963-1972 Mopar A-Body part# A153-2 - I bought this kit thinking I was going to do the big brake 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern setup on the front of my 1969 Plymouth Barracuda, but ended up staying with the original kelsey hayes set up instead and have now sold car. This kit is unused and complete for doing two wheels and is the Better SSBC kit with the slotted rotors and anodized aluminum calipers. I believe this could fit a number of A bodies and maybe even a few B body cars, but please check part number above for your application. $800*, *SHIPPING NOW INCLUDED (*continental 48 U.S. Only) Thanks ; Local Pick up price: $750

P.S.- I would much prefer not having to ship, due to sending two boxes because of shipping weight, but will consider shipping if needed to be.

UPDATE: Question was raised regarding part# and not being on SSBC web site. It is true that A153-2 does not show up anymore, but a153-1 still does. I believe SSBC has superseded my package with another number maybe because of now using a different type caliper. A153-2 still shows up on the Yearone website if anybody wants to check; and you will notice that the price has been lowered to $1249* (*discount exempt); $450 more than what I am asking. I included another pic of what my setup would look like along with a brief description regarding the package. PLEASE NOTE MY SETUP HAS CLEAR ANONDIZED ALUMINUM CALIPERS NOT BLACK.

If you want to find out more detailed info on the kit you can still go to the SSBC web site and look at the A153-1 package; my package would have all the same parts, but two much better upgrades; Slotted Rotors and Anodized Aluminum Calipers, thus the A153-2 designation used by SSBC and Not the 1. The 1 package has steel calipers and plain rotors; this is the reason the 2 package was a few hundred dollars more than the 1.
Hope this helps; pm me if you have further questions.

This is the summary on the other site I mentioned:

Part Number:9413-A153-2 * Discount Exempt
Stainless Steel Brakes Corporation Force 10 disc maual brake kit for 1965-1972 Mopar A-body models without 9" front drum brakes.
Stainless Steel Brakes Corp disc brake conversion kit includes everything you need to convert your drum brakes to disc brakes. This kit is designed to work with your original spindles. only. Uses RH lugs only. Kit includes:4-piston aluminum calipers, performance pads, Turbo-Slot vented 11" rotors, master cylinder, adjustable proportioning valve with gauge, braided-steel brake lines, brackets, bearings and seals, hardware and instructions.

key words: cuda, valiant, demon, roadrunner, super bee, charger,
understand u don`t want to ship, but, I would be interested if you would.-----------74021 collinsville , ok--------bob

Bob,
Sorry I didn't see your message until now; I am use to getting pm'd on items, so I don't check the thread as often as I should. If you could please send me a pm, I would message you back in regards to shipping item; otherwise, I will post it in a message here if I don't here from shortly. Thanks, Dave

What is with all the lugs on the rotor? Is it a dual pattern (SBP / LBP) that has the studs for both patterns? The rotor in the first pic only has 5 lugs and isn't "universal".

What is with all the lugs on the rotor? Is it a dual pattern (SBP / LBP) that has the studs for both patterns? The rotor in the first pic only has 5 lugs and isn't "universal".
The beauty of this package is that the rotors are shipped with two sets of Lug Studs installed. The smaller studs are on 5 x 4 bolt pattern and the larger studs are on 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern. You just drive out the 5 studs on the bolt pattern you will NOT be using.

You are seeing what the set up looks like complete on the stock picture I show; so the studs to one of the bolt patterns has already been knocked out, thus the reason for 5 studs only showing. To reiterate, the stock picture shows black calipers, my package has a clear anodized aluminum look. Hope this clears things up for you. Thanks, Dave

I should have added in my posting that this kit is designed to bolt right up to 10" manual brake drum spindles, which many A body cars already have. If you have 9" or Disc Brake spindles (like I had), you will need the 10 inch spindles to use the kit. I had a very nice pair of 10" spindles, but sold them to a member here about 6 months ago. They are not tough to find and you should be able to get them for reasonable price.

PLEASE CHECK TO MAKE SURE THIS KIT FITS YOUR APPLICATION BECAUSE IT'S NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY ONCE IT HAS SHIPPED. Thank you!

So this will put disks onto my 68 fish with small upper ball joints and also work with my 14" rallys with SBP. If so...

PM sent.

This is a great kit , I have it on my car. That is a steal at that price. New is over $1300 when all said and done.
Airwoofer, As long as you have 10'' drum brake spindles on your 68, It's a bolt on .

Attachments

• IMG_1874.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 377
This is a great kit , I have it on my car. That is a steal at that price. New is over $1300 when all said and done.
Airwoofer, As long as you have 10'' drum brake spindles on your 68, It's a bolt on .
Thanks for your kind words and showing the brake setup on your car. Really nice of you to do that!

Where is the 10" measurement taken, the ID of the drum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back