New starter

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would share a good experience with everyone. I recently purchased a new smaller high torque starter for my 66 Cuda. I bought it off of ebaymotors from DB Electrical in Tennessee. Actually this is the second one I have bought from them. I paid around $80 with shipping for a brand new starter it it works great. Better yet it fits the early a body engine compartment a lot nicer. I know this is probably old news but in case you're in the market I thought i would share the info. It was a lot cheaper than buying one locally and no core charge.

starters.jpg

Didn't think to weigh them. Probably about half as much as the large one. Pretty light weight.My 66 has power steering and it is impossible to remove the large one. I was changing my trans anyway so I figured I would get a new one while I was down there. I still have to remove the drivers side exhaust manifold & the steering column but it sneaks down through there without any snags. Cranks a lot faster than the old one too.

I'd love the weight savings and quick starts, I'd probably miss the old mopar starter whine...

i got the same one from O'Reilly's for 80 after the core. they had it in stock. but didnt Chrysler have a lifetime warranty on those starters? i dont know for sure, but i heard that they did and i wasted my money lol.

It still whines. My ford friends tease me all the time. I put one in my 67 dart last year. Cheapest I could find one around me was 140.00 new ,no core.

I'd like to try one of those mini's later on, I have 4 or 5 new an rebuilt starters that I pulled when I worked at a scrap yard, guess I'll burn those up first...

-
Back