new stuff for my dart

-

MiDi

Reaction score
well yesterday i added air shocks, a 150psi setup so the end can be lifted uber stupid high. i'm still dialing in the height between looking cool and driveablity / good handling. the frist parts of the NOZ setup are on and i am just waiting on 1 part to finish up that setup. there was a lot of fabrication ... making thick steel brackets to hold the no2 and fuel silanoids. running the lines where pretty easy and the electrical was a snap. there is an arming switch in the car and another switch behind the throttle on the carb that is actvated when the throtte is wide open.

i am only using a 50 to 75 boost, i plan on keeping my motor.
plus THOR woudl kill me if i blew it up. so we are playing with noz jets and figuring out what woudl be best but for sure i am starting with a 50 boost.
this setup is for race use only.

here is some pictures and once its all ready to go i'll show ya guys what it looks like under the hood. next step is getting a check off to doc for dutra duals ( i have the stock manifold moded and ready to go with a remflex gasket set. i also have the y pipe and new flange ready to be welded on ) then its sanding down the rear body rust and filling it, then off to the spray king for touch up. i am also going to have our tint guy do a light tint on the windows. i had to put the 9" front drums back on because i am missing a few parts to still do my sbp disc break conversion.
sucks too cause i had one side already on and when i got to the other side i was missing parts! bummer!! oh and my damn center caps are on back order.

here she is:

P1020237.jpg

P1020238.jpg

P1020239.jpg

P1020242.jpg

P1020240.jpg

P1020241.jpg

in the words of Nathan Explosion: "It's all souped up... and desecrated"

1. what year dart is that?
2. more detail on the air shocks? brand? setup?
3.your car is beautiful!
4.what wheels are those?

thanks so much for the replys and the comments :cheers:!

it's a 1964 dart GT w/ a mean 1973 2bbl slant six & NOZ

the front shocks are KYB's the rear air shocks are monroe max air.

http://www.monroe.com/products/maxair.asp

its reccomened that your re-inforce the rear shock mounts to handle them.

the wheels are vintage usa made indy mags 14 x 7 small bolt pattern.

there will be a seattle slant six meet @ the shop may 3rd i will post more about this, its already on the slantsix.org site in events.

i work @ a diesel and auto shop the texas tip is for a diesel truck.

Nice dart.
I like the color.
The Nitrous is a nice touch, I'm sure on the track.....:headbang:
BUT the:fart: pipe ???? ... WTF???? NAHHHH, Dude! That's just wrong ! :violent1: (rice burner mentality) .

Just my opinion....:poke:

the 2 silnoids are mounted and wired in, next it welding up the bracket for the noz trigger switch, when the throttle is wide open the carb stud hits a small blade switch, when the switch is compressed by the wide open throttle the noz goes in. i tossed the lame modern arming switch and got a classic racing style rocker. that way i wont accidently bump it and go rocketing off into other cars.

action machine is making my noz / gas plate. we basically are using the mr. gasket carb adapter as a template, the new plate will be machined steel with the proper fittings and noz/fuel rails. then all i have to do is test all the fittings for leaks, hook up the new fuel line and test it.

we are actually talking about trying a 35 boost for a test, then re-jetting for a 50 boost for race use.

i also replaced all the vacumme lines yesterday with nice metal lines w/ good connectors and i was amazed in the diff in vacc, we are going thru everything making sure the motor is ready to handle the extra load.

P1020243.jpg

P1020245.jpg

P1020246.jpg

-
Back