New to A Bodies

-

btceng

Reaction score
I am new to the A body scene having just aquired a 1970 Dart Custom one owner survivor. Cranked her up today for the first time in over 20 years. I may know a lot of you from the E body site. I have the Dart, as well as, a 72 Challenger, 78 D100, 77 Warlock, and an 81 D150. Got to love em!

Welcome to the site "btceng" ! I noticed your into trucks too . Same here ! Besides my Dart I've got a 79 440 Warlock , 84 Ramcharger and a 97 Sport . How about some pictures of your rides ?

Thanks guys. I'm not much on the pics because most of my stuff is just "fence row junk" to most. I find myself to be better at dis-assembly than actually completing the project. I like to get it running and move on to the next treasure. I am 3 years into my Challenger rebuild, as anyone on E-Bodies would know. I strayed away from that as I got into the trucks.

I will try to get some pics from my son. He is the photographer.

Be careful about buying to many cars then disassembling them.....you don't want to end up on Lords of the Car Hoards. :)

Thanks guys. I'm not much on the pics because most of my stuff is just "fence row junk" to most. I find myself to be better at dis-assembly than actually completing the project. I like to get it running and move on to the next treasure. I am 3 years into my Challenger rebuild, as anyone on E-Bodies would know. I strayed away from that as I got into the trucks.

I will try to get some pics from my son. He is the photographer.

"Fence row junk" ? I call it lawn art ! :D

Here's the only pic that I have on my phone. We did pull the motor and trans this weekend. It had a lot of blow by and I had the 318 and 904 out of my Challenger just sitting in the shop. I'm just wanting to get it running and driving for now but it's hard to not start taking parts off. This car has solid floors and trunk and is a real one owner! Rust in the usual places behind front tires and lower quarters. Original down to all of the parts that have been replaced for maintenance, still in a box in the trunk (thermostat, brake shoes, points, and ignition relay).

Attachments

• 2014-08-17 12.01.25.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 138
Here's a few pics.

Attachments

• 2014-08-27 19.12.06.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 2014-08-27 19.12.21.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 2014-08-27 19.14.50.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 2014-08-27 19.13.44.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 142
  • 2014-08-27 19.19.22.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 129
  • 2014-08-27 19.15.46.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 130
I have the twin to your Dart almost. Mine is a 70 Dart Swinger was originally a 6cylinder.
Mine was a bench seat column shift tanish color interior. Mine is the same exterior as yours.
Mine has changed a little over the years though. Now all black interior (bucket seats), 360/727, 83/4 3:55 gears. Black vinyl top on mine though.

I have the twin to your Dart almost. Mine is a 70 Dart Swinger was originally a 6cylinder.
Mine was a bench seat column shift tanish color interior. Mine is the same exterior as yours.
Mine has changed a little over the years though. Now all black interior (bucket seats), 360/727, 83/4 3:55 gears. Black vinyl top on mine though.

The plan here is Plum Crazy with black stripe package and black hood. We are just trying to get her on the road for now. Looking to get the motor and trans back in there this weekend. I have thought about going ahead and painting under the hood before the motor goes in. Also, taking a chance on the Summit headers... fingers crossed.

-
Back