New to forum, new owner of A body

-

Donny

Reaction score
Hi.

Hoping to gain and share info here just like other sites concerning Mopars.

I'm always open to ideas and perspective, so I'll post this here.

My dilemma: New proud owner of 69 Dart (with 318) & I want this to be a street/strip car, mostly street but when/if I go to track (maybe half dozen times a summer) would like it to be a mid 11 to low 11 car, but we all now how that changes....

BTW this is not a #s matching car, so mods and slight cut up is no problem.

I have a mildly done 440, .509, M1, stock bottom end, nice set of cast iron heads (done by Nick) IIRC currently a 9:1 motor that I would like to bump up the compression on and maybe go up a notch or two in cams (this 440 powered a 3850lb 69 B body to 12.50's on street tires and very average suspension at best).

Question is what would be the better approach with my goal as stated above, continue improving on the 440 I already own (how much $ and upgrades I would need not sure) or build up a SB (maybe something like a new 360 stroker etc....).

Looking for opinions on the pros v cons, I'm sure some consider this one of those never ending debates. Weight, money, fit etc...

Fire away.

P.S. I'm a long time Internet forum user so to avoid any duplicate posting of questions and threads I would appreciate somebody pointing out such topics as disc brake conversion info, stuffing the BB into the A body, suspension tips tricks. Thanks.

Welcome to the site Donny. Glad to have you here. Sounds like you have a nice project.

As far as pointing things out around here goes. Search is your best friend on here, like it even has an autofill that will popout usernames as u type. Pretty neat if you ask me. Sometimes though, you just have to post another topic and you will most definately get a buncha links, answers and helpful info.

Theres a big block thread on here for big block A's http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/forumdisplay.php?f=79 bigblockdart.com has some great info there from what I heard, but they aren't the best ABody site around like us here 8)

Welcome to FABO, plethora of information and home to many, many friendly people!! :cheers:

Welcome to FABO! You're going to have fun here.
Need pics of your '69 Dart.

-
Back