New to forum with a question

-

Mopowa

Reaction score
Hey everyone! My name is Jeb and I live in Georgia. I'm 35 and have been into Mopars since I was a kid. I don't have an A body, but I'd like to. I've got a '91 Dodge W150 with a hot 360 in it. My older brother(Todd) got me into Mopars. He had a '74 Dart Swinger with a '73 340 in it. He sold it in the mid '80s and bought other Mopars, but that one just stuck with me as "the" car. Todd has been missing since 1992 and so everything I've done with cars has a special meaning to me. I've just recently had the idea of trying to track down his old Dart. I've asked my folks if they have any documentation on the car, but other than that I don't have a clue on how to start this process. I know the odds are not favorable for finding this car in one piece, but something tells me I've got to try. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Looks like ya'll have a nice forum here and I'm glad to be a part of it!8)

Welcome Jeb, I hope you can find the old Dart, Sorry to here about Todd.
I have two brothers I have not seen in 10 or more years, But I hear they are fine, Glad to have you with us, so jump on in and take a look around and enjoy, we do have some of the best tec's and great folks here.
Maybe you will find your next A body here. :-D

welcome aboard jed I would do a title search if you have the vin number you should be able to track the car down. a title search in your state will show all the owners to date unless i was taken out of state if it was then you would have to do a title search in that state IT CAN BE DONE !!! i did it a couple times and it all can be done from the comfort of your lazy boy over the internet good luck.

Thanks for the welcome! Another question... I've noticed that there are plenty of sites that are willing to take your VIN number and give you "Reports" in return. Does anyone have a recommendation for a site that they have dealt with and aren't mad about the money they took versus what they got in return? I don't have the VIN number yet, but I want to be ready when I do get it.

If your folks don't have anything around with the VIN, you might check with their car insurance co., if they have done business with the same company all this time they may have the number.
Welcome aboard,
C

That's an excellent idea! I'll try it! Thanks!

Mom and Dad never had the car on their insurance. They are still trying to find more info. I don't think I said this before, but we lived in Akron, Ohio at the time he owned the Dart. If anyone knows of any forum members up that way, maybe they could get them to see if they remember a Jade Green metallic '74 Dart Swinger back in the mid '80s. The car had a 340 in it, that was running badly at the time Todd sold it. He said that he burned piston(who knows). Sorry to be so long winded, but I'm really intent on finding this car. Wish me luck!

-
Back