New to me 71 Dodge Dart

-

73Duster6

Reaction score
Saturday I picked up a 71 /6 auto Dart. It's going to need some work before it can hit the road but I think I got a good deal for what I paid. It runs and drives but needs a gas tank (good used one included) and all systems checked and gone through mostly the brakes. I popped off the M/C cap and found brown brake fluid. Worst part of the car is rust just below the bottom corners of the rear windows.

PART_1465178548198_20160604_151840.jpg

the 73 duster in the garage looks a bit jealous. Probably doesn't like the new comer LOL

Nice...

Make sure to save and reuse the old sending unit lock ring for the gas tank. The repops are too thin and don't seal...

the 73 duster in the garage looks a bit jealous. Probably doesn't like the new comer LOL
The Duster won't be jealous it's my daily driver and will always come first when in need.

Nice Dart! Is that the original color? Never seen that combination, but it looks good.
No it's not the original. I was told it was in a accident and the original owners had it almost totally repainted. The engine compartment was not painted the original color is B5 blue.

Thanks for the tip krazykuda that gives me 2 because the replacement tank still has the sending unit in it.

Right now I'm not sure what direction I'm going to go but running and driving will be the first step.

-
Back