New to Mopar

-

Skullz

In need of speed!!!
Reaction score
I've been the car world for a time now. I currently have a couple of 50s lead sleds however I just bought a 66 barracuda. I've been wanting to build a ground pounder and I think this is it. Not too many around and in the condition I'm getting it it will take very little to rod. It has the original 273 non commando and I'm torn between building it and just dropping in a 383 or the likes. I would appreciate any advice good or bad. I'm a Hamber and have very good luck there. I hope FABO is as helpful and fun as the Hamb is.

Skullz

Welcome, great resource here. My advice on your project? GO BIG!

67-1.jpg

Welcome Skullz! I check out HAMB sometimes, you got a close knit group of folks there. This is a good group, too, always willing to help out.
I just did the 273 rebuild, would go 318 or 360 if I had to do it all over again, parts are easier to find and cheaper, too. My two cents of advice. Whatever you do, remember:
**WE LIKE PICTURES!!!**

I,m also into the 66,s but mines a Dart.It had a sl6,4bbl. and all the goodies.I like power,so in went a 360,904,front disc.8 3/4 rear!Now we,re talking!

re and re of 66 Dart 006.jpg

For ease of installation, cost, and Maintance I'd go small block, 360 probably. I cringe every time I think about doing anything with spark plugs on my 440.
Just my 2 cents

welcome to the site

building a 66 with big block will take some extra work but doable. Build a stroker 360 out to 408 and have fun and alot less work, or you could always do a hemi under glass for the street..........LOL

nothing wrong with 50's sleds

PICTURES PLEASE

Welcome Skullz :cheers: We have a lot of great tec's and good folks here and yes!! It is a blast here. We have a few 66 Barracuda's being built here and a lot of nice one's on the road. Jump on in and enjoy.:read2:

My 66 Sedan " Victoria "

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%20001.jpg

-
Back