New to site...old to boost!

-

turbocuda

Reaction score
Just would like to say hi and hope to learn more and also share some of my knowldege I have aquired over the years.....

Old setup...don't bash me for an E-bod.

Don't pay attention to the dates on the photos...all wrong.

DSC03296-3.jpg

408ci Resto block
895 RWHP at 25 psi
twin 61mm p-trims
edelbrocks
5.65 at 128 in the 1/8th

New setup (just set motor/trans in for last time tonight)

IMG_20100921_213035.jpg

Same shortblock
Twin ebay 75mm gt42's
Indy 230cc heads
Should make enough power to go 140 in the 1/8th!

Fenderwheel mounter intercooler

2010-06-22190524.jpg

Home built headders

2010-08-09190042.jpg

Ebay turbos

100_3617.jpg

100_3619.jpg

2010-06-12212251.jpg

Welcome!!! No bash from me!! I am new to the Turbo thing and getting ready to twin my 383 in my 68 Barracuda.
ANY info. about this turbo thing is greatly appreciated as far as I am concerned. Nice ride by the way!!

Did you race that car at Mopars at the Rock earlier this year? I swear I saw that car there.

Did you race that car at Mopars at the Rock earlier this year? I swear I saw that car there.

Hadn't been to the Rock in a few years....back in 07 I had the car there......

Preciate all the kinds words from everybody also...IU'll keep thread updated the next couple weeks as I get everything bolted back together.

Another Ebay Turbo set up, right on!

You are obviously not new to the Boost game and you are choosing to use these turbo's also sold off ebay, I noticed that they cost about $480.00 or so each. They are alot bigger than the GT45 Ebay turbo's I am using on my build.

If you can go 140MPH in the eighth with them Damn man that is frickin FASTTTTT!!

Keep us all posted with your progress. And yes your E Body has more room than My A body for plumbing! LUCKY............

Mopar + Mopar engine = all good. Add a couple of big, nasty, turbos = even better.
Seeing a chevy engine in a Mopar is sickening.

Welcome and wow, that first picture is pretty amazing. What is the set-up on the top of the intake manifold? Some kind of throttle body it looks like?

Wooooooo hoooooooooo, what a sweet beast that is!! No apologies necessary ... you'll never get bashed around here.

Especially with a ride like that. :-D More pics!!

Make yourself at home and enjoy the best Mopar site on the net. You'll love it here.

Welcome and wow, that first picture is pretty amazing. What is the set-up on the top of the intake manifold? Some kind of throttle body it looks like?

Here's a better shot of the Indy intake with my homemade 3.5" to 3" aluminum 90 cut off an old diesel turbo and 75mm TB...old intake was 340 victor with homemade fuel rails...

2010-06-12211858.jpg

I'm off the next few days so should get it fired up!:cheers:

I have decided to buy the exact T88 Turbo you have. Do you or someone you know have any experience with these turbo's??? I had planned on using 2 GT45's but due to room issues I have chose to use 1.. Can you elaborate????

Here's a better shot of the Indy intake with my homemade 3.5" to 3" aluminum 90 cut off an old diesel turbo and 75mm TB...old intake was 340 victor with homemade fuel rails...

2010-06-12211858.jpg

I'm off the next few days so should get it fired up!:cheers:

thats really neat! what do you run for a ecm to control it? is it a stand alone fuel only system?

Accel DFI gen 7....MSD 6al.....160lb/hr injectors....aeromotive belt driven pump....mallory regulator...#12 feed line to pump, 2 #6's to rails, #8 return.

This was yesterday morning...most everything is back together....was going to spin it over tonight but realized I had not done the converter bolts yet...and it was time for my birthday dinner if you know what I mean!:-D

She will crank tomorrow!..I am so siked!

IMG_20101105_162955.jpg

Good news! Who will be doing the tuning on the new set up?? Will it go to the chassis dyno?

Will be going to a buddies who owns local LS1 shop that has a mustang dyno...and I will be doing the tuning myself.

Will be able to do load testing and numerous conditions on his dyno so I can really tweak....can't wait.....

bout time to get outside and tinker...glad we had an extra hour added last night, I sure was wore out.

Will be going to a buddies who owns local LS1 shop that has a mustang dyno...and I will be doing the tuning myself.

Will be able to do load testing and numerous conditions on his dyno so I can really tweak....can't wait.....

bout time to get outside and tinker...glad we had an extra hour added last night, I sure was wore out.

That is great that you can use your buddy's Dyno and have the knowledge to do your own tuning!

Here is where I am tonight...still have not cranked it yet.....though have turned it over and she sounds nice and smooth....

IMG_20101107_191353.jpg

IMG_20101107_191951.jpg

-
Back