New to the forum. Bought a 67 and 69 barracuda. Both setting for 40 plus years

-

fireman mike

Reaction score
I’m not a mopar guy, but I’m a car guy. Found a pair of Barracudas that needed saving. Looking for any information on used parts in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area. I need seats and a K member with suspension. Also interested in upgrading the front brakes to disk. The cars came with a 383 and I believe a 727 automatic. I got the block back from the machine shop and need to order pistons and bearings. Would love to heard suggestions for pistons and cam combinations. I have 906 and 516 heads and a Holley intake.

I’m not a mopar guy, but I’m a car guy. Found a pair of Barracudas that needed saving. Looking for any information on used parts in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area. I need seats and a K member with suspension. Also interested in upgrading the front brakes to disk. The cars came with a 383 and I believe a 727 automatic. I got the block back from the machine shop and need to order pistons and bearings. Would love to heard suggestions for pistons and cam combinations. I have 906 and 516 heads and a Holley intake.

09F50408-4DAB-470E-9F76-EAD2C33CC980.jpeg

Welcome to FABO!! Thanks for saving two more Mopars. That's makes you a certified Mopar guy now, lol.

You have great questions that many members can help you with. Best to post on specific forums, such as Big Block, suspension, interior, etc. Some members don't visit the Welcome Wagon.

Yes welcome!!!!! Great finds.
Like said, ask questions in the correct thread.
There are a coupleof Mopar clubs in the D/FW area, I forget what names they go by.

Welcome to the club. You can buy aftermarket K members and all of its components if you must.

Thanks for rescuing those A-bodies. With two of them it sounds like you can start the “Save the Barracudas” foundation.
:lol:

Good luck with the builds. And keep us posted on progress.

Welcome to FABO from NY!

Cowtown Mopars and Dallas Mopar Club.
I am just south of Dallas, right off 287 and 67.
I have some front disk parts, rotors, strut rods, etc.
5 on 4.5.
Cheap.

Welcome to the parts desert. It's not as bad as it once was thanks to the aftermarket. Some parts are still nearly impossible to find. Good hunting

Welcome! Trying to decide myself on 383 pistons and rods. I have a set of NOS 440 rods and thinking about running them with custom Diamond pistons for my 383. But I already have a set of forged pistons L2315F + .030 and a good set of 383 rods. My Cam is a Racer Brown ST-1 flat tappet solid lifter. For your head choices, definitely 906 heads. 727 was the only auto trans for big blocks. Good luck!

I have the rotors and the spindles.
Might have the calipers.
What would the spindles and rotors set me back? Will they fit my drum control arms? How hard are calibers yo find? I’m completely fine with factory parts. I’m not trying to build a custom car, just something that will keep me out of the grass.‍

Should fit your lower, might need the bigger ball joint on the top arm.
Rock Auto has calipers.
I will give you a shout when I get back from AZ next week.

Here is what I have.
2 Rotors, 2 spindles, 2 calipers with brackets, 2 lower control arms, 2 tie rods, 2 extra tie rod links, 2 strut rods, drag link, new pitman arm, bolts, adjusters. No upper control arms. If you are interested start a conversation with me. These are reasonable priced.

Front Brake Parts.jpeg

There are no more parts left in Texas so just send them down here to San Antonio so as to not waste your time. :poke:

Did you find those cars out near Benbrook.

-
Back