New to this forum.

-
Stock shortblock pistons, rods, crank
Hughes hyd. roller (360, stock bore, Magnum motor)

214/218 degrees dur. @ .050" 114 lobe separation...
.525" lift with 1.6 (stock ratio) Crane roller rockers
300# (open) springs; thick-wall pushrods

Hughes recommendations on the springs and pushrods.

750 Holley blow-thru
Chinese "air gap" style intake; TTI headers

8.75" Suregrip

"Built" 904 with a stock ("high-stall") OEM converter; 2,500 rpm stall before the blower; dunno now... brakes won't hold it... LOL!

I went to IA State in 1970...:cheers:

Nice set up.

One of these days the Cyclones will win....

What motor/trans are you running? Specifically, what cam? Do you have a thread that I missed that explains this all?

Not much else to tell; 360 Magnum heads with minimal bowl porting; true 9:1 compression... no gasket matching, and stock 1.94/1.6 valves.

The tranny has a Trans-Go shift kit installed, and a new driveshaft carries 7290 u-joints to the 789 (4.10:1) third-member, (crush-sleeve eliminator installed) with a new Auburn, limited slip, driving through Moser heavy-duty axles ($500.00-worth), with 11/16ths dia. studs. Wheels are 7"-dia., 15"-tall, 28"-dia., with some new, M-T, 9"-wide, bias-ply, slicks.

The engine uses an MSD BoostMaster analog (not multi-spark) ignition module, with a dash-mounted retard control. It will retard the spark 1-, 2-, or 3-degrees for every pound of boost that occcurs in the intake manifold.

I installed a Snowperformance Boost Cooler meth injector, set to come on at 3 psi of manifold pressure.

A TTI, mandrel-bent 2.5" exhaust system runs the exhaust through two, straight-through "M-80" PYPES mufflers. There also is the option of running open exhaust, with two "dump tubes" just ahead of the mufflers.

It's loud!!!:profilel:

Savin' for some Cal-Tracs....

-
Back