New to this site

-

GT340

Original Owner
Reaction score
Just found this site from a link at another site.

Here's a pic of my car from Greg "Ausydad's" site: http://www.geocities.com/ausydad/gary.html

I'm the original owner of this car and drive it regularly to car gatherings here in SoCal.

Recent changes have been MT DOT drag tires and frame connectors which have helped to keep the fishtailing at a minimum during heavy acceleration. Also changed to a KN filter top to gain more air flow.

Hopefully upgrades in the future include a stroker motor using my original 340 engine that I have stored in the garage, caltracs, getting rid of my power steering and changing out my old style power bakes and going to a newer style master cylinder to fix the low vacuum problem.

That's a good looking ride you got there Gary and bright to, almost need shades. Welcome to the fun. :burnout:

welcome to the board there gt340! o.k i will be the first to bite...why gt340? 340 i understand but the gt part? i am thinking dart gt340....is there a hidden desire there perhaps to also own a gt340? great car by the way. i am sure you have alot of cool memories with it.

chasb: Are those American Racing wheels or Centerlines?

Centerlines 15x 4 1/2 in the front and 15 x 10's in the rear.

7demon2: o.k i will be the first to bite...why gt340?

Just tried something different. Tried to use my initials at first and up popped an error message saying I had to have at least 3 characters so I added 340 (favorite engine) just to get registered. By the way I'd really like a Dart 340, unfortunately at this time I already have 4 vehicles to store and have to pay for one of them already so no more cars until I have more room.

that's cool.....i understand. :thumbup: post some more pictures when you get a chance!..... :toothy7:

Hay Gt340, Welcome.
Is that y5 = lemon twist color on your duster, :thumbup:

GT340 said:
Just found this site from a link at another site.

Here's a pic of my car from Greg "Ausydad's" site: http://www.geocities.com/ausydad/gary.html

I'm the original owner of this car and drive it regularly to car gatherings here in SoCal.

Recent changes have been MT DOT drag tires and frame connectors which have helped to keep the fishtailing at a minimum during heavy acceleration. Also changed to a KN filter top to gain more air flow.

Hopefully upgrades in the future include a stroker motor using my original 340 engine that I have stored in the garage, caltracs, getting rid of my power steering and changing out my old style power bakes and going to a newer style master cylinder to fix the low vacuum problem.

Save the 340 matching engine - pick up a 360 block and stroke it to 406-408 cubes. There are lots of stroker kits (10.5CR) available for the 360 base engine. Add some Eddy heads and intake, decent cam (240* @.050 .550lift range) and it will go like stink.

Nice Car.

memike said:
Hay Gt340, Welcome.
Is that y5 = lemon twist color on your duster, :thumbup:

Yes, its original lemon twist car. Never been in an accident and been garaged ever since '72. In 1983 I rebuilt the 340ci to 11.1 compression and in 1984 California began selling low octane fuel and I stopped driving it. I stored it in the garage until 1999 when I began my restoration. I completely disassembled the whole car including all the wiring, fuel and brake lines, interior, bagged and labeled all the parts, nuts and bolts, and had it all over the garage. I completely redid the whole car, brakes, fuel lines, complete brake sysem, uphostery, all new wiring, paint, rebuilt the rearend, engine built by Bob Lambeck, pro-built 727 w/3800 stall, SS springs. I reassembled the car after work (3-4 hours in the evening) and weekends and had it back together in a little less than two months. I used a "task list" and methodically kept track of what I did and needed to do. The one mistake was trusting that I'd remember where every little part went to, and didn't take pictures of some of the areas that would have made it much easier to reassemble. And.... no, I didn't have any spare parts left over :cheers: I even surprised my self.

Sweet ride GT340 love thise satin finish centerlines! 340 stroker is in my plans as well, you will be putting out the ponies then for sure, your numbers are pretty good now as it is! Enjoy the site!

Man, I haven't welcomed anybody here in about a year. Hope you are havin fun here, it's a kool group of Mopar nuts. I need to start posting again, especially welcoming you new guys at the site. I've been too busy with projects, 2 '66 Barracudas, 1 /6 and 1 273 just rebuilt, an '87 Dodge Ram 360 1-ton flatbed with lotsa project work, a '77 Dodge 360 RV, an old '63 1/2 ton stepside Inter-trashional(my buddy says), a new recent acquisition of a '71 GTX for $500, + a 440 to drop in for another $500, and a Christmas present for grampa(me) of a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-door. Well, too busy for words, but fun. Beautiful lookin Duster, by the way. Wish I'd kept my 1st car from 1968 in high school, was a '55 Dodge Coronet Red Ram V-8, worth a mint now. Have fun,
Rich

Thanks to everyone for the nice welcome.

GT340

-
Back