New toy for my son

-

Baghdad Dart

Reaction score
We were out just looking around and found this yesterday. Will be picking it up next weekend. All paid and ready to go.

67 with a 383 4V and 4 speed 8 3/4 and S/G ...looks like a GTX clone to us.

$2400

DSC00546 (Small).JPG

DSC00547 (Small).JPG

DSC00548 (Small).JPG

DSC00554 (Small).JPG

Roll up your sleeves. Looks like you've got a lot of work ahead of you. Have fun.

Great way for your son to learn about cars and you and him to spend time together. Have fun with it.

Looks straight and solid, a little spit, polish and elbow grease and it'll be perfect :-D

Thanks guys..he already has a 74 360 dusrter 99% finished. 67 Dart Gt with a 440 727 and 8 3/4 ..looking for a good S/G, will have fender wells and white buckets with sublime and black body. Now this..he wants it bright orange and left stock besides that. Oh yeah before someone tells me other wise... its a very late 66 with 67 vin...thats a 66 front and its tagged a 67..i looked hard..its never been wrecked that I can tell. One other thing...he just turned 21...looks like he is HOOKED BAD!!!!

Jeff

get it running and clear coat it ! nice find !

Nice project,BB with a 4 speed!!Way to Go!Don,t see any originals around here.P.S don,t let JR see that front end sittin there!LOL!!

Yeah..this one will have a semi quite exhaust note. His 440 dart is going to run fenderwells and purple hornies, of course with a short extension on them to get them out from under the car so that they will be legal in TX. Yup, its a Belvedere II his favorite he said. This is going to be a long time down the road..he needs to finish his Dart first and collect the parts for the Big boy here.

Jeff

Hey Jeff you know what I'd do, I'd fix the body up some but leave it with primer over the repairs then stroke that 383 and bottle feed it or centrifugal supercharger it. We're talking "sleeper" here Jeff with a rebuilt 4 speed and 4.56 or larger gears and 3 inch exhaust with electric operated dumps. Then only let it come out and play at night, it'll drive the chubbies and ferds crazy and the ricers will just run and hide.
Know a guy years ago took a Belvedere 2 door and put a dry sump 426 way low in the engine bay then 8 hillborns on top with a no scoop hood. Seems to me it took alot of money off the nightly street racers, drove em crazy.

Terry

Terry that sounds like a plan. I know that he realy wants to have a hot looking killer..but a sleeper has always been in my mind too. I wil be going back to Iraq soon for a few more years and will be able to help him with all his needs for engines. A hemi would be as hot it would get for that monster. I did tell him that I wanted to start collecting big engines when I go back. That he needs to get a place to store them for me. Ya never know what a man will get into in his future..so if ya got a few of each brand. That might be a good thing.

Jeff

:clock::clock:

Jesus Jeff, stay safe in Iraq eh. Just curious tho, you working over there or are you with the military? Good luck.

Terry

I was there for over 4 1/2 years the first time. Was assoiciated with the goventment..not a soldier and not a contractor. This time I will be with the new US Emabssy in Baghdad. I think it wil be interesting after the military leaves..just dont expect to see me on TV getting my damn head sawed off..they will shoot me where I stand.. DAMN THAT!!!!! I know those guys very well and they can take all the rest...I know them too well.

Jeff

Hey, Baghdad Dart, when will you be going to Iraq? Just from what you said I wouldn't be surprised if you cross paths with my brother. He's over there for another 3 months or so. Can't really say what he does there, but he's FBI. He hasn't told me exactly where he's at over there but he says it's really safe where he is.

I know what he does..I am sure that we have already crossed pathes before. If he has been there from the times of 8/03 to 2/08 thats whe I was there...1652 days strait. Not for most..but I like it. I cant say what or who I was with there, but it was fun.

Jeff

-
Back