New toy...the kind that goes bang.

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
Springfield XD-40 used but still very nice. I love the weight!

I am trying to get the small Colt MK IV Gov.380 Auto but no dice so far. The current owner hates it because he thinks it is a ***** to break down but he still wont let it go, I think it is easier than the .40

I know it is a small gun but if it was good enough for Patton how bad could it be, it just feels good! :love7:

There is a indoor/outdoor range less than 1/4 mile from the house we just bought. I am the farthest thing from a gun crazy hillbilly but going shooting is fun! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Photo0142.jpg

Photo0143.jpg

I had a AMT .380 auto. I called it the "Jam-O-Matic", lol. Those are two very nice pistols.

That XD-40 is a nice piece. My father in law has one and I have the S&W M&P .40 We shoot these two gun more than any others, because both of them never jam and are very accurate. I have shot a rabbit at 50 yards with my M&P. Great guns to pack while hunting.

.380's are good for about 10 yards. LOL. I found that after that the bullet is tumbling through the air.

They get to be kinda addicting. I myself have been into them before cars. Everyone in the house shoots, all the way down to the 4yr old. I have looked into getting a XD40. Down here in the Peoples Republic of Komifornia it has to be on a roster of "California Approved", unless you are Law Enforcement, then you can have a pistol that wasn't drop tested.

Something seems amiss with that .380. I'd guess that it's been reassembled without the slide release pin passing through the barrel link. I'm not sure that this can be done without hurting internal parts. You may want to give it a good looking-over before putting down any cash.

I've had a XDM 40 for a couple of years now. I love that gun. Easiest to clean out of the how ever many I have.

Something seems amiss with that .380. I'd guess that it's been reassembled without the slide release pin passing through the barrel link. I'm not sure that this can be done without hurting internal parts. You may want to give it a good looking-over before putting down any cash.

The pin is in it is just a crappy cell phone pic that was taken in a dark room. We got bored today so we striped and cleaned about 13 guns including the .380 and everything seemed fine...except that he still won't sell it to me. :angry7:

The pin is in it is just a crappy cell phone pic that was taken in a dark room. We got bored today so we striped and cleaned about 13 guns including the .380 and everything seemed fine...except that he still won't sell it to me. :angry7:
I tracked down an exploded view to find that the Colt .380 doesn't use a barrel link like the 1911. Regardless, the pin can't be through the hole that serves the same function in this pistol.
1) The barrel should not follow the slide all the way back in its travel. It could never chamber a round in this way.
2) The slide isn't moving all the way forward. The leading edge of the lug on the bottom of the barrel is most likely resting on the pin. If the slide has been dropped shut like this, the pin should be looked over carefully.

I'm not out to be a [insert favorite pejorative term], but it's not as it should be. Part of any reassembly should always include a safety function check. I've seen bad stuff happen and get a little twitchy on the details.

nice weapon, the XD40. It is the wifes favorite, along with XD45...

I have the XD40 in green. I have had it for 4 years or so. I like it. The first one I got i had to return three times b/c of jamming. Finally they sent me a completely different new gun with all the accessories for free. The new one doesn't have any problems.

I've got one as well (see my avatar) and I absolutely love it!. I've got the extended grip mag which is nice when I take it shooting at the range and then I have the normal clip which I keep in it on my nightstand. It makes it a lighter and easier to wield when needed ( which has happened, it was nice knowing I can wake up with a start and have it fit nicely in my hand ).

I plan on using it for my side arm when hunting as well. Its great!!

-
Back