New tranny gasket

-

Fishthatkills

Fish that kills
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am installing a new rigid tranny pan gasket I got from the Mopar dealer today. Do I need any "form a gasket" or "permatex" to install this? or do I install it "DRY"?

THanks,
John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas

Hey everyone, I am installing a new rigid tranny pan gasket I got from the Mopar dealer today. Do I need any "form a gasket" or "permatex" to install this? or do I install it "DRY"?

THanks,
John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas

By rigid to you mean the neoprene gasket, If so I usually put a very thin skin of high temp RTV (the oil resistant one) and keep it back from the inner edge so you don't get any silicone inside the pan.

If it's the new gasket with the raised ridges on the face then "dry".

dont use any RTV with the new mopar gasket...

That new gasket has a double line of neoprene built onto the rigid plastic. I just did my tranny fluid this spring and this gasket is perfect. No leaks at all. Don't use any sealer on it.

That new gasket has a double line of neoprene built onto the rigid plastic. I just did my tranny fluid this spring and this gasket is perfect. No leaks at all. Don't use any sealer on it.

Ah, I'm not familiar with this new gasket, only the old ones which were a step up from the old (crap cork) ones. I should have a look. Is this like 2 thin raised ridges on the face of the gasket, one close to the inner edge the other close to the outer edge that go all the way around. If so I can picture it.

Ah, I'm not familiar with this new gasket, only the old ones which were a step up from the old (crap cork) ones. I should have a look. Is this like 2 thin raised ridges on the face of the gasket, one close to the inner edge the other close to the outer edge that go all the way around. If so I can picture it.

Yep, that's the one.

that new tran pan gasket is great...can be reused over and over...

best thing since sliced bread....

-
Back