"new" truck shopping

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
is starting to tick me off

"all" i want is a 3/4 or 1 ton truck, 2016 or newer, 100K miles or less on the gasoline engine, with a crewcab or larger and a USABLE front bench (for you carmakers, that mean no center console with a bench) in any color that isnt white for $35K or less

shouldnt be hard to do, should it?

so far i've found 3 (and im not even picky, i also looked at fords) and each time i call to set up a test drive, it has sold allready

how in the world did they sell cars 30 years ago when "autotrader" was a monthly published periodical?

on the bright side, i did get a chuckle out of Chris
Chris works at a dealership which will remain unnamed, and after i told him what i just told you guys, he suggested a WHITE 2018 ram 2500 for $41K
i told him to take 3K off of my budget for a wrap or a repaint and that sould bring the truck down to $32K

he responded it was listed at $41K

i reminded him i had told him what i was looking for and what my budget was and that i expected him to stay within those parameters

come to think of it,...that was the last i heard of Chris

God luck, I've been trying to find a ram within 15 to 20 years old for around five to six grand now for about 2 years every time I call about one it's always gone or it's a hoax... all the South American construction workers have come here and sucked up every ******* thing

God luck, I've been trying to find a ram within 15 to 20 years old for around five to six grand now for about 2 years every time I call about one it's always gone or it's a hoax... all the South American construction workers have come here and sucked up every ******* thing
thanks

i would expect the border jumpers to go after the 1/2 tons, instead of the bigger ones, but if you dont have to pay income tax i guess you can spend a lil more

on a side note, it should plain be illegal to make 2 wheel drive trucks

thanks

i would expect the border jumpers to go after the 1/2 tons, instead of the bigger ones, but if you dont have to pay income tax i guess you can spend a lil more

I'll take it to another level for you, let me really break it down! Just about every steelership ad on Facebook Marketplace and Crackslist
down Here has," You new to the country, don't speak English? we give you financing immediately ,we'll put you in a vehicle today, no credit check required!"

thanks

Well, a two-wheel drive half ton, four door would suit for my work... I got to carry a lot of tools and I usually drive all over the place I'm trying to get back into business now after being sick, anything I find is already about maxed out they're selling things with 200,300,000 on them that's all I can find now. If they are there! I've had four Dodge trucks and one Jeep, every one of them got 300,000 or over on them when I got rid of them so if I can find one at 150k, even 225, I'm good for years!

And I'm pretty sure that doesn't apply to foreigners of European descent....

good, because i dont need credit, i just need a truck

Well, a two-wheel drive half ton, four door would suit for my work... I got to carry a lot of tools and I usually drive all over the place I'm trying to get back into business now after being sick, anything I find is already about maxed out they're selling things with 200,300,000 on them that's all I can find now. If they are there! I've had four Dodge trucks and one Jeep, every one of them got 300,000 or over on them when I got rid of them so if I can find one at 150k, even 225, I'm good for years!
were all those gas or diesel ?

i want to stay away from diesel this time
this particular truck will act as a replacement for 2 separate cars, our CX9 family hauler that went out a few months ago, and my 05 f350 plow truck

and with the extra weight of a plow hanging of the front, it greatly reduces traction to the rear
add to that that i only plow when it is slippery out, 4WD is a must for me

good, because i dont need credit, i just need a truck

were all those gas or diesel ?

i want to stay away from diesel this time
this particular truck will act as a replacement for 2 separate cars, our CX9 family hauler that went out a few months ago, and my 05 f350 plow truck

and with the extra weight of a plow hanging of the front, it greatly reduces traction to the rear
add to that that i only plow when it is slippery out, 4WD is a must for me
Gasoline Powered!

Gasoline Powered!
awesome, thats what im looking for too (the wife doesnt like the smell of diesel)

i might have a lead on one now, but it only has the 5.7 in it...not sure if i consider that a truck engine, thats the same one i run in my wifes grocery getter

I had a hard time finding a truck.
My requests were had to be a dodge
Older is fine
8' bed
Reg or cab and 1/2 NO 4 DOORS
Diesel or V8 gas, no v6s.
And NOT WHITE
I ended up with a 12 dodge 1500, 4.7, ex Fastenal truck, reg cab, 8' bed, and god dammit WHITE
I couldn't find anything that didn't have 4 doors in any other color to save my life

awesome, thats what im looking for too (the wife doesnt like the smell of diesel)

i might have a lead on one now, but it only has the 5.7 in it...not sure if i consider that a truck engine, thats the same one i run in my wifes grocery getter
The Charger? Lol, you and my buddies got him in the Rams they move pretty good they're usually 392 rear ends with an overdrive in them, my current truck the 07 Dakota with the 3.7... well I bought it at night and I got hustled by Latina Auto Sales as well, I just didn't have much of a choice, my Jeep got totaled, we had a rental truck for as long as we can have it and plus I think they gave me a couple days for free on top of that, and it was right before Christmas year before last. Damn thing had all kind of hidden issues including a cracked cylinder head, leaking rear main, bad Radiator and WP, you know what? I drove the damn thing all over Florida though! Had to fix the radiator and water pump put new tires on it that's no big deal but the crack cylinder head leaking rear main are still there.

Last edited:
I had a hard time finding a truck.
My requests were had to be a dodge
Older is fine
8' bed
Reg or cab and 1/2 NO 4 DOORS
Diesel or V8 gas, no v6s.
And NOT WHITE
I ended up with a 12 dodge 1500, 4.7, ex Fastenal truck, reg cab, 8' bed, and god dammit WHITE
I couldn't find anything that didn't have 4 doors in any other color to save my life
Dude that's hilarious all I wanted is white for the last 20 years or so! So far I've had one I camouflage I've had one in burnt orange one in black (which is a little hateful in Florida), one and silver (which is doable) and now another one in black! That and I HAVE TO HAVE 4 doors! Lol And my car ), it's in freaking arrest me red (or some people say resale red) I've just never dug that color either! Down here everything used to be inexpensive, and plentiful! Now, with all the different people coming here, taking up a major majority of work, housing (they've taken) vehicles as well, that covid scam didn't help either.... non-political I'm just stating a fact you don't believe it? come on down! But the price ain't right!

The Charger? Lol, you and my buddies got him in the Rams they move pretty good they're usually 392 rear ends with an overdrive in them, my current truck the 07 Dakota with the 3.7... well I bought it at night and I got hustled by Latina Auto Sales as well, I just didn't have much of a choice, my Jeep got totaled, we had a rental truck for as long as we can have it and plus I think they gave me a couple days for free on top of that, and it was right before Christmas year before last. Damn thing had all kind of hidden issues including a cracked cylinder head you know what I drove the damn thing all over Florida though!
yup, the charger, in Michigan State Police blue
you think that engine scoots in a ram ? you should feel it in that charger

funny thing is, when i bought it i KNEW it was due, so i was looking for one, and i had a good idea what the market was for them
then she totalled the 08 she had and forced my hand
she loves the car, but hates the color (says it is to recognizable for how bad a driver she is)

me and the boy have seen a few real cool blue trucks but we've been told were not picking the color on this one

funny thing is, when i bought it i KNEW it was due, so i was looking for one, and i had a good idea what the market was for them
she loves the car, but hates the color (says it is to recognizable for how bad a driver she is)

me and the boy have seen a few real cool blue trucks but we've been told were not picking the color on this one
Well here's the deal I don't know if it's still pertains but it probably does back in the early '90s or so maybe late 80s I read an article from AAA most pulled over color is red and blue therefore "arrest me red and bust me blue" I guess if you're running Sublime and hit me orange they just leave you the hell alone they figure you're crazy already! But yeah I remembered the charger was the blue one I watched the article when you went and got it or the post I mean! It's just real hot down here 9 months out of the year or so with the sun and everything a light gray or silver or really white, is a good color to try to keep things a little copacetic plus they blend in good with all the traffic man and stuff (just insane around here)

is starting to tick me off

"all" i want is a 3/4 or 1 ton truck, 2016 or newer, 100K miles or less on the gasoline engine, with a crewcab or larger and a USABLE front bench (for you carmakers, that mean no center console with a bench) in any color that isnt white for $35K or less

shouldnt be hard to do, should it?

so far i've found 3 (and im not even picky, i also looked at fords) and each time i call to set up a test drive, it has sold allready

how in the world did they sell cars 30 years ago when "autotrader" was a monthly published periodical?

on the bright side, i did get a chuckle out of Chris
Chris works at a dealership which will remain unnamed, and after i told him what i just told you guys, he suggested a WHITE 2018 ram 2500 for $41K
i told him to take 3K off of my budget for a wrap or a repaint and that sould bring the truck down to $32K

he responded it was listed at $41K

i reminded him i had told him what i was looking for and what my budget was and that i expected him to stay within those parameters

come to think of it,...that was the last i heard of Chris
Well I knew a guy that did that for a living, and I have a Mopar Brother, who did it when he was younger but he runs a successful restaurant thing now. They want you to use credit because the cash you put down goes in basically the dealership and salesman's pocket that's their Commission.... that's the only part of the games those people play with you I'm sure other members, more experienced with dealing with stealerships, may join in but this is about trying to find you a truck I don't want to turn it into a complaint board about semi unethical BS

Well I knew a guy that did that for a living, and I have a Mopar Brother, who did it when he was younger but he runs a successful restaurant thing now. They want you to use credit because the cash you put down goes in basically the dealership and salesman's pocket that's their Commission.... that's the only part of the games those people play with you I'm sure other members, more experienced with dealing with stealerships, may join in but this is about trying to find you a truck I don't want to turn it into a complaint board about semi unethical BS
No, I get it, once they find out they will not be making any money on financing you, they quickly lose interest (see what I did there?)

As for the color, I get
I live in Michigan, I wouldn't be able to find my truck 3 months out of the year, if it were white

And the wife just does not want a white car
Which is interesting, because when we met, she was driving a white neon, of all things

And now I dig abhorrent dislike of the color white on vehicles up that way! Perhaps why there's so many dark colored,, especially black ones, down here for sale (black attracts the heat from the sun dude they turn into a freaking hot box fast) if fuel and transportation wasn't such a uneconomical issue these days I imagine you could probably work something out with people down south and people up north and switch vehicles to Preferred colors without having to do paint jobs if they were still reasonably priced vehicle wise too which has gotten super stupid as well
Damn inflation Logistics over inflated prices and unfortunately we all have our color preferences for what works for the climate we're in

Well my 96 Dakota is white.
The 01 Durango is white.
The 99 Dakota that my 12 replaced was white
My project 85 d150 is 2 tone with white in the center
So I wanted to get away from it.
Wrd gone thru a glut of red for a few vehicles in a row before that.
But you absolutely cannot find a reg cab dodge that ISN'T white..... And no way I will buy a Toyota or Nissan
Unless hell freezes over.
No fords newer than 96 for me if it doesn't have a 300, 302, 351w I won't even look at it
And I have never owned anything but a Dodge or jeep in my life so why change now

Well my 96 Dakota is white.
The 01 Durango is white.
The 99 Dakota that my 12 replaced was white
My project 85 d150 is 2 tone with white in the center
So I wanted to get away from it.
Wrd gone thru a glut of red for a few vehicles in a row before that.
But you absolutely cannot find a reg cab dodge that ISN'T white..... And no way I will buy a Toyota or Nissan
Unless hell freezes over.
No fords newer than 96 for me if it doesn't have a 300, 302, 351w I won't even look at it
And I have never owned anything but a Dodge or jeep in my life so why change now
yup, i wanted to stay domestic (and anchor baby trucks are NOT domestics)
i also once owned a chevy and it was the worst vehicle i ever owned
THE WORST

so, that leaves dodge or ford
in fact, all i own right now is mopar and ford...but if i can work out a deal with the 2500 im looking at, i can get rid of the ford and be an all mopar household

that seems like a pretty lofty goal

If I had to get a truck newer than 15 years and not dodge it would be a Chevy

Just asking, but have you thought of something older either in good shape or restored? You should be able to find something with your budget.

-
Back