New users with no post count replying to ads?

-

lilcuda

Reaction score
How do you all feel about people who have no history at all on FABO replying to your for sale ads? Seems suspicious to me. Maybe I'm paranoid. I've had a couple of responses to my ad for my car and both of them joined right before they sent a response.

I've only sold cars locally before so this all new to me.

Don't think it's an issue. I bet folks looking for cars use a search engine and your car pops up. More interest recently in small block mopars as the $$$$ is going up. I found FABO on a search engine...glad I did!

I wouldn't be too overly concerned . I've bought and sold many items over the years here on fabo and through C/L . My method for sorting out the flakes is have a minimum of 3 e- mails or P/Ms before they get my phone number. Then get a feel for what sorta person your dealing with before meeting up. Good luck.

Dude, you were there at one point too, I doubt you started out on FABO with 746 replies, 3 thanks, and thanked 9 times, cut it out.

Will people join to sell, buy, or flip? Yes. As long as they are on the up and up. I see lots of sellers with a post count of 3 or 4 selling. As long as they dont turn the site into an EBAY with the ridiculous asking prices.

Non members and new members find stuff all the time in the FS forums. Nothing suspicious whatsoever. Everyone here was new at one time.

Thanks for the constructive input! Just being cautious here.

Your car is posted on Bring A Trailer (http://bringatrailer.com/2014/10/04/fast-road-tune-3404-speed-1966-plymouth-barracuda/) so yes you might get non- FABO members responding.
There is nothing wrong with bring a bit cautious so use your best judgement with contacting people.
You have a really cool car that has served you well and someone will get a really fun vintage car at a very affordable price.

Didn't realize the car was on that site. I didn't put it there. I guess they are constantly searching the 'net looking for cars for sale. Pretty cool. Thanks for the link!

No problem.But I only buy from members who have been on the site for a long amount of time unless they have good feedback.The feedback system is great, but members do not use it enough.I have sold a lot of parts from a $5.00 item to a $3000.00 item in the last year and I have not got feedback in a long time.

Thanks for the constructive input! Just being cautious here.

And that's the key right there, as it would be with any one when dealing with money.

I found this site while looking for Mopar related items, so I certainly wouldn't be too concerned whether they contact you as a member or a guest.

As long as YOU do your due diligence to protect yourself, cash is cash.

what worries me is a "o" feedback member on the auction site selling a car for $75,000

ya im gonna to send you a check.

I sold my car on here to a guy who joined just to PM me about it. He was a really good guy who flew up and drove it over 1000 miles home with his kid. If you ask me he had to put way more faith in me (and my mechanical skills) then I had to put in him. Haven't seen him post here since, probably just not a forum type of guy.

Everyone here was "new" at one point, we all have to start sometime. Don't think the worst about things until theres a proven reason lol. Its good to be cautious but don't overthink it. There are some longtime members here I have recently dealt with that makes me think twice about listing anything for sale here again and they will not get replies from me about anything I am selling again and have been added to my ignore list! but the ones I have actually had the pleasure of dealing with have made it worth the trouble.

People are naturally going to be skeptical sometimes. I understand your concern. Like I said, as long as they are on the up and up...

Somebody lays money in your hand, turn the car loose. Pretty simple.

And there have been no shenanigans from users with a high post count?

-
Back