New video of Dart, not my best...

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Hey All:

Not the best weekend at the track. Hot and sticky, and my cone sure grip has finally started peg-legging on me. One wheel peel = embarrassing. Apparently 1.63 is the best 60' I can get out of a failing unit.

Anyways, some Corvette club was there, so I had a lot of fun showing them my taillights (they kept asking if it was a 440 haha), and got the best pass of the day on video.

This race was against a C5 stick shift 'vert with a good driver. Not quick enough though... :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8HuFq3BJ6U"]71 Dart 11.86 @ 112 - YouTube[/ame]

I need to put the 3.91s in the car and get a clutch sure-grip so I can try to beat my 11.70 before winter hits.

Steve

Hey you going out to Rt 41 this Saturday for the Ultimate Shoot Out??????
I might drive my Dart out there. Thats a slim might and definetly no racing yet.

Thanks for the compliments!

I haven't decided yet. Won't be able to rebuild my other 8.75 pumpkin by then and not sure how much I want to beat on the cone type acting like it is. That shootout deal has been pretty harsh to me this year also...

Also, if i go completely nuts, I might be headed out to get a new project car on Saturday. ;-)

Steve

I was looking around and I didn't see the specs on your Dart or motor. If it has been posted before please excuse me but I am interested in building a magnum motor and would like to know what your running. Thanks.

Nice run. Launching off a transbrake? I noticed the taillights.

Love that car. Put a set of steelies on that thing and it's a great sleeper.

nice run, looks like if you run to the end of the strip your gonna be in the weeds LITERLY where is that track anyway??

nice run, looks like if you run to the end of the strip your gonna be in the weeds LITERLY where is that track anyway??

It's the former US 41 Dragstrip in Morocco IN. Now its called No Limit Raceway. Its actually a half mile long track, with a quarter mile of shutdown after the traps.

Nice run. Launching off a transbrake? I noticed the taillights.

Thanks! yes, its got a transbrake. Its either wire it into the reverse lights or you have to press the button to go into reverse.

I was looking around and I didn't see the specs on your Dart or motor. If it has been posted before please excuse me but I am interested in building a magnum motor and would like to know what your running. Thanks.

OK, its a 5.9 magnum shortblock straight out of the junkyard. Custom comp grind cam, Iron Ram 1.9 valve heads, Eddy Air Gap, Quickfuel 750, Hooker Comps, TTI X, Dynomax Ulraflow mufflers dumped at axle, built 904, Ultimate Converter, 4.11 gear, cal-tracs and mono leafs, 8" hoosier slicks, Car is all steel with full factory bench seat interior.

If I can help when you're doing the Magnum thing, let me know.

Steve

Thats impressive to say the least. I ran similar times in my 70 Swinger but had a 11 to 1 360 with a solid flat tappet and home ported J heads with 2.02 valves, that was too small and pretty much everthing else the same as you. With 4.56s and a 28 inch tall tire it ran a best of 11.68 at 116 and 7.40 at 91. My 60 foot times were in the 1.90s due to too tight of a converter. Magnum 360s grow on trees in the bone yards right now. I have been wanting to build one up, so I better load up for a trip to the yard.

-
Back