New Wheels for my '69 Dart!

-

aquapimp

Reaction score
They FINALLY came!

I ordered these steelies 8 weeks ago from Specialty wheel. I am thrilled with the quality (customer service, not so much!). Glad I went with the powder coated. They are 15X7's in the rear. I have 15x6's in front (waitin' on tires).

The dog dish caps are from B,E and A

Tires are BFG drag radials: 235/60/15

I am SOOOO glad I went for this look. I think it works great with the black roof and trim.

dartnewwheels.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks GREAT! between the powder coated rim and the red on the dog dish I dont think anything would look better! Excellent choice!!!!!

Thanks again!

I'm amazed at the "attitude adjustment" it gave the car. It had what I believe to be '70 14" rally wheels on it at the time of purchase.

I never, in a million years, would have guessed how much there is to selecting the right tire and wheel combo, LOL!

This was my first attempt, much thanks to "Lowride" on the forums here. he's my mopar mentor!

Yeah, that's a bad a$$ look....here's my 68 GTS w/ 15X8 245/60-15 Really fills in the wheel wells and gives it attitude!!
BTW, I can't spin 'em anymore. The smell is all clutch!!

Dart006.jpg

Dart005.jpg

Looks awesome! Gotta love them steelies and dog dishes, and what it does to the look of a car! I still can't stop staring at mine, and it's been a month since they went on!

I love the look.I had a 73 340 duster that had the same centers.I loved doing burnouts and lost the 2 back caps. I still have 2 of them in the basement.

very hot I think I am going to switch out the front ralleys to a set of those

Both your cars look great. I have tried several times to change my wheels but EVERYONE says they love the dog dish look and I should keep them. That's why I still have them.

Attachments

• DSCN2032.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 562
Got mine from Specialty as well....same experience. Nice product...took a long time and had to keep calling THEM for an update. They were very nice...just not pro-active I'd say.

Go them bare and had them painted body color to match.

Attachments

• Email 3.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 531
Those definitely suit the car to a tee,it looks like it means business now.

I was going to convert my car to BBP to run a set of rallyes that I have laying around but now after seeing your car I might paint,of have powder coated,a set of 14x6 SBP reverse chromies I scored the other day from a guy who was going to throw them out.

Anyone know a good way to get rid of crusty old chrome off old wheels or can you powder coat right over top of it?

They FINALLY came!

I ordered these steelies 8 weeks ago from Specialty wheel. I am thrilled with the quality (customer service, not so much!). Glad I went with the powder coated. They are 15X7's in the rear. I have 15x6's in front (waitin' on tires).

The dog dish caps are from B,E and A

Tires are BFG drag radials: 235/60/15

I am SOOOO glad I went for this look. I think it works great with the black roof and trim.

dartnewwheels.jpg
[/IMG]

Are those SBP?

If yes, what offset - backspacing did you select for the front and the rears?

Yes, they are SBP

rears 4.5" backspacing
fronts 4.0" backspacing

I just got the car back from my mechanic last week:

Gear swap/rear end rebuild (3:23's to Strange 3:91's)
M.P. Superstock Springs
M.P. Frame ties
Competition engineering Drag Shocks (50/50 70/30)

I'll post some pics soon!

-
Back