New wheels , Wrong lugs

-
@Dale Davies
right you are
i did some serious measuring before ordering them and make sure i gave everything a good look before bolting it on

its been about a year now and they do exactly what they needed to do

I'm having a problem locating the correct washer for old school Cragars.
I bought the correct size lug, but it comes with a larger diameter washer than what was on them originally.

I had to wait 4-5 months for the correct lug nuts for the 14x7, 5 on 4, new Cragars that I got for my '65 Dart. They were a very specific size for my application. They had 0.592 in. shank diameter. Fortunately my car came with Cragars and still had the original lug nuts to work from. The washers are centered round, not offset. They fit snugly and correctly. Conical lug nuts would not work. Still waiting for the LH thread nuts for the driver side.
IMG_6428.jpg

I bought a used set of 4 small bolt pattern (4") 14" Cragars for my '66 Barracuda about 15 years ago, so if these wheels have changed since then, my information won't do you any good, I needed 10 lh & 10 rh 7/16 lugs/washers. The Cragar part # is 09004-4 for LH thread. With that info, the RH thread part # should be easy to identify. IMHO, these lug nuts aren't all that well made, but they work fine for me.

View attachment 1715885217

View attachment 1715885221
I have those lugs

et classic wheels are like the torq thrust and come in 5x4 pattern just look up et wheels and then classic V hold on to your socks they are close to 500 per wheel , the ones I bought were probably from the 70's but in excellent shape. I paid 500 for the wheels centers and tires , face book the guy sold his car and just wanted rid of them.

Found a problem with new wheel and lug combos.

Bought new 4.00 bolt circle Cragars. 6's and 8's. They were listed to take 60 degree conical lugs for the 6" wheels and shank lugs for the 8" wheels. So we Bought 20 of each lefts and rights.

Well A barracuda pulled in the shop and he said his new wheels came loose. Torque thrust D's . He said they were Conical lugs and that is what they call for It ruined the seats on the wheels and said he has to keep tightening them.

I opened my new Torque thrust and they too did have a conical seat . So I opened my front Cragars and they too had conical seats as the lugs they called for . I opened the rear wheels and saw they too had conical seats but when we bought them we were told they took shank lugs. So I Called Summit.

They said I got the correct lugs as the manufacture suggested. My question was why the front and rear wheels took different lugs when the looked exactly the same? . After an hour of no answer and no satisfaction. they gave me Cragars number.

The Rep. person told me the same thing. So I was on Summit racing web site and watched a video of lug nuts that they have in their wheel section.

Come to learn that the new wheels now take a "conical shank lug" I called sumit back tonight and they were apologetic for the misinformation. They sent the shop and email and were so happy we found the mistake in the suggested lug for all their wheels.

Now I have to call them back to get a full refund which they would not give me prior to this and they will send me all the correct "conical shank lugs" .

So if you buy a wheel that usually would take a shank lug in the past such as aluminum style or Cragars did. They now state they take a conical lug? They don't . They take a" precision fit conical shank lug" They no longer use washers and the have a 60 degree fit with a shank to go through the wheel. Do not install them with just conical standard lug nuts as they suggest on their site.

Thank you for the info.I have been waiting for my Cragars for 3 months so far and would hate to have ruined the with wrong lug nuts.

-
Back