New Wiring Harness

-

Palmetto

Reaction score
I have broken and frayed wires all over my wiring harness and even some pigtails are missing. What are some good places to get a replacement for a decent price?

I have broken and frayed wires all over my wiring harness and even some pigtails are missing. What are some good places to get a replacement for a decent price?

what exactly are you working on?

year one is the best source for factory original style.

i just wired up my 69 dart with the 18 circuit wiring harness from summit racing! All the wires are labled and wasnt to bad to install. Good luck!

Year One has a promotion going on till midnight tonight. 30 percent off with MOM14 promo code. I ordered an engine forward harness myself.

I'm currently re-wiring my 66 with the full end to end kit from EZ Wiring. All the switches and everything. Really straight forward. However, it's more of a GM style kit. If that even matters to you.

http://www.ezwiring.com/

painless or any after market brand would prolly be cheaper than buying all new factory harnesses..

Another option that I used before is to go to a junkyard and get a fuse block from a newer car..save the block and give enough leads off it to tie your wires into..then go buy small spools of gauged wire.save all your factory end connects..run the new wire off the fuse block and hook up all your factory connects..its basically the same thing as buying a painless or any other after market system..download a schematic of your factory wiring and this will help with the layout..it gives you a brand new modern fuse block and new harness..

When I do this, I mount the new block first while leaving all factory harness in place.. run all wires and separate by holding wires together with wire ties or small pieces of electrical tape..when all wires are run where you want them, then clip your ends from factory harness and splice them onto the new wires.. use heat shrink for s good water proof seal after connects are added..

The cost of making your new harness with block, wires and everything you need is usually less than $100, much better than the $500-$900 cost of a new aftermarket harness.. and it serves the same purpose.. all modern blocks fuse slots are labeled for individual components ( I.e. brakes, ignition, etc) it takes the guess work out of it and only takes a weekend to replace a complete body harness system..

And if your missing the pigtails, there are several websites that sell individual pieces new or what I do is go to a yard and find any old mopar c body or anything else and just clip the connects you need off that..most old mopar used the same connects for the components..

Hope this helps..
David98513

new factory type (year one, classic industries) all made by M&H harnesses. They use the correct connectors, factory wire colors and wrap. It is plug and play unlike painless.
engine and lighting harness is about 180,
rear body harness 125.
YO has 25% off every Wednesday today's discount code is WED528. So you can get them cheaper...

The only expensive harness is the dash harness around 500 the bulk head connector is probably 20% of that cost.

-
Back