Newb with a 71 Swinger

-
Reaction score
Hey Guys! A real noobie coming to you guys. I have been a modern Mopar enthusiast for a while now, all over the Charger/Challenger ForumZ. But now im getting a 71 Dart Swinger from my GF’s Friend. It was originally owned by her Great Grandmother, has been treated very well from what im told. Im really excited about this being a new project. But the more I rove around these forums, the more I realize just how clueless I am when it comes down to the bear bones of the engine work, which is part of the reason im so excited, hope to learn a lot. Im gonna have a few thousand questions im sure, so youll be hearing from me, thanx guys!!

Oh ya, some details, all I know is it’s a /6 and an automatic (bummer I know but im getting it for free, so whatcha gonna do?) I’ve seen you guys talking all sorts of engine sizes, and transmission sizes and stuff. Im clueless to this. Anyone have a place that could give me a crash course into the lingo would be great! Thanx again.

Sounds like a great car. Nothing wrong with the slant, actually a great motor to start with. Take your time with it,learn how to tune it up first. Ask questions here,we can help you out. Definately post pics as soon as you can.

Welcome!
You came to the right place, ask away, there are no stupid questions here, read the forums and i bet you will find a lot of answers there.
Please post some pics when you can and good luck on the project!:cheers:
Tom.

Welcome and congrat's on your 71 Swinger.
Ask away and you will be happy here I am sure, We have some of the best of the best tec's here and some great folks, So jump on in.
I like the slant motors, You can get 200hp out of them easy.
That is about the same as a 318. enjoy

welcome. this place is unreal. you will be amazed, i guarantee. post up some pics. we dig em. as far as jargon goes, you'll catch on.

-
Back