Newbe from Independence MO

-

el creepo

Reaction score
Hey, my name is William and I have a 66' Barracuda custom that I have been working on for the last couple years now. It's come a long way but it still has a long way to go! This winter I'm planning on doing something that to my knowledge hasn't been done before! Its getting air ride and will be able to lay on the ground. But until winter starts setting in I'm just going to keep creepin around town gathering up parts!

Welcome to FABO William, it's cool to see some new ideas. Never thought of '65 taillights on a '66, they look good.

Hey William! Welcome to FABO. I'm from Lees Summit. Love the Greaserama bumper sticker. It's comin' up next weekend!!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! BrianT Greaserama is going to be awesome this year! Don't miss it!

Welcome aboard William, it's good to have you here. I too like customs, especially when they are done by the owner, it shows off your personality and ingenuity!!! Keep us posted with pics as you progress, it should be fun to see!! Geof

Hi. Welcome to FABO. Tell me about Greaserama, when and where. I've never heard of it. Nice looking Cuda too. Hope to see it at some of the cruises.

I'm in liberty and what is greasearama? I've only lived here 3 years and don't know crap for cruise and shows etc.... all I know is vamp racing.

Oh ya, loose the skirts. The body lines of that car are phenomenal and don't need the gaudy stuff. Id love an old cuda like that to drive. Also be leary about the pics you post. It can give away your location and makes you an easy target for a thief.

Welcome from Northeast Arkansas, If you do lose the skirts (witch I would not for your build) shoot me a pm and give me a shot at them for my lady Victoria
Jump on in and enjoy, Very cool ride you have there!

Meet my 1966 lady 170/6 daily driver you might see if you every get to my part of the world :glasses7:

Attachments

• Ralley's%20004.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 85
For the guys asking about Greaserama. It's an event held at the Blvd drive in theater in Kansas City, Ks every Labor Day weekend. It's a show put on by the Los Punk Rods car club. It was a reaction to the Good Guys car show that is held the same weekend. Not everyone has a $100k to drop into their rides, so they opened it up to everyone (almost) but the high dollar crowd.

It features mostly hand built cars that some would consider "rat rods" but that term is played out. These are unique cars and trucks that people have built in their garage on a limited budget. Most cars are unfinished (are they ever really finished?) but are welcome just the same. You have to look closely at each car closely cause the clapped out truck you just walked past might feature an air ride suspension and late model running gear!!

The people watching is another reason to go. Fifties and sixties style everywhere! Greased back hair, tats galore (boys and girls), punk-a-billy bands playin, beer carts sellin cheap beer. It's a good time!! We'll be there Sunday afternoon, same as the last four years.

Here is a link to the website...

http://www.greaserama.com/

Yep Greaserama is a good time for sure!! There will be a pre party on friday night at the record bar in westport. It will go from 7 to 10 and will give you a small taste of what will be at the show! As for the skirts, I will say that I know that they throw off the flow of the car a bit due to the flare on them. However they are pretty rare and make the car that much more cooler (on my opinion) If I am able to put her on air this winter then I will start a build thread.

-
Back