Newbie Checking In!

-
You are right about the exhaust! It is a healthy little rumble for a /6! We had a 1971 (or so) Plymouth Satelite 318 automatic when I was "younger"! I remember the lug nuts on the left side with left hand threads! I thought that was really unique! This Dart has had the radiator, hoses, master cylinder and a couple brake lines replaced recently! I think I'll go out and fire her up! :steering:

My brother and I took the Dart for a little eight mile road trip! He loved it!

It is Turkey Time! Hope to be back on here later if I'm not overcome by a massive nap! :)

Okay, I have had the Dart for three days now and here are a few issues I have found so far:

1) Water leak in trunk near right lower corner of back glass. Need to get that sealed.
2) Spare tire flat.
3) Some vacuum lines under the hood dry rotted/missing.
4) Moisture (gas) around base of carb/top of intake.
5) Chrysler Solid State Radio does not work. No power?
6) Horn does not work.
7) Fuel gage does not work.
8) Brakes (park brake included) need checked & repaired (Front grabbing).
9) Power steering fluid a bit low.

Positives:
1) Fluids (oil, transmission, brake, power steering, anti-freeze) are clean looking.
2) Shocks look like they have been replaced fairly recently.
3) Interior in overall good condition.
4) Really nice shape for a 43 year old car!
1-9 all normal, standard and to be expected. Lol
Suggest you repost this and the pics in 'members restoration' forum. Ask whatever you need help with and you will be on your way to solving all of them...
#3 positive is huge when it comes to cost savings.

Okay, I have had the Dart for three days now and here are a few issues I have found so far:

1) Water leak in trunk near right lower corner of back glass. Need to get that sealed.
2) Spare tire flat.
3) Some vacuum lines under the hood dry rotted/missing.
4) Moisture (gas) around base of carb/top of intake.
5) Chrysler Solid State Radio does not work. No power?
6) Horn does not work.
7) Fuel gage does not work.
8) Brakes (park brake included) need checked & repaired (Front grabbing).
9) Power steering fluid a bit low.

Positives:
1) Fluids (oil, transmission, brake, power steering, anti-freeze) are clean looking.
2) Shocks look like they have been replaced fairly recently.
3) Interior in overall good condition.
4) Really nice shape for a 43 year old car!
AND ?? 1-9 about normal LMAO !!!

Titled, Tagged and Insured this morning, drove her to work this afternoon!! My co-workers loved the old Dart!! Again, thanks for the "welcome" and I'm sure to be checking in down yonder in the MOPAR Technical Forum!

Sweet ride. Welcome to the best mess. Glad you like the / cause its gonna last forever. Besides all those little things wrong just add character!!

Amen to the "Adds Character" to the old car!! I'm thinking plugs, wires, fuel filter and air filter this weekend!! :thumbsup:

Kinda funny, you think when you pay for it, its your but with each thing you do it becomes even more yours.

Funny thing happened on the way home from work today! Guy flags me down and wants to know how much I want for my Dart? I just smiled and told him she's not for sale! This is only day three of driving this car!! Unreal!!
:lol:

I wish I could keep my 'rub strip'. Have not found one to match original (or really close) for my Duster. Keep the wheel covers and go whitewall!
Me too. They belong on these! Keep your eyes on ebay. I see NOS strips pop up once in awhile.

Funny thing happened on the way home from work today! Guy flags me down and wants to know how much I want for my Dart? I just smiled and told him she's not for sale! This is only day three of driving this car!! Unreal!!
:lol:
Like 69conv wrote, better get used to it :thumbsup:

Better get used to it!! Mopars rule.

Stopped in at IGA to get a few things to make chili this morning and this fellow parked behind me with his wife. He gets out tells her to go ahead without him. He used to have a 75 Dart. Long story short, I gave him the nickel tour while his wife shopped! I guess I'm gonna have to start allowing some extra time for any trips I take in the Dart! I must admit, I enjoy it a bunch! Makes me love that Old Dodge just that much more!!:)

If you wanted a boring car you shouldn't have gotten a Dart.

My son in law is a Chebby guy and I rag him mercilessly. Are you sure that's your car in the parking lot? Theres 3 like it in this row!!

Kinda funny, you think when you pay for it, its your but with each thing you do it becomes even more yours.

After this past weekend I now know exactly what you are saying! It is a little more "my car" today than it was yesterday!

Great to hear you're having fun with her!
Still not a fan of the rub strip though...........

-
Back