Newbie from Florida

-

myoldfish

Reaction score
Hello from Florida - just north of Clearwater. First off, thank all of you for making such a great site for A-Bodies lovers. Very entertaining and informative. I've been lurking for some time, but finally decided to say hi. I've had my '69 Barracuda convertible for 20 years now. I'm a second owner, and it had been parked under a tree for about 8 years before I picked it up. Just your basic 318, and I've kept it as close to original as possible. Had the seats reupholstered with cloth when I moved down to Florida due to my, well you know, sticking to the vinyl. Car still drives great, and very reliable. I love it. It had been over 10 years since the car's last paint job, and it was starting to show, so my wife recently surprised me by having the car get a face lift for our 20th anniversary - now it's candyapple red. Surprise, Surprise, Surprise...What was supposed to be a "quickie", turned out to be about 7 months of hard labor- new floor boards, quarters, etc. Hated not having the car for so long, but worth it in the end. Glad to have it back. Now if it would only stop raining.

Cuda-JCpark09sm.jpg

QS-show09-sm.jpg

welcome from fort lauderdale ,i hope you keep that car under cover ,floridas wet weather will get it.

Thanks everyone. It's nice to join such a great and active group. I know Florida's weather quite well as I've been here for 12 years. Fish is garaged, safe from the elements.

Welcome to the best site around!!!!!!

From what I've seen, that's an understatement. You all definitely make me feel welcome.

Funny thing, last night went to a local cruise, and what happens to be there... another '69 318 barracuda convertible. What are the odds as there were less than 1k of them produced. We're going to get together and swap notes (and perhaps some spare parts) after the holiday weekend. If wondering if I had my car there, of course not. Timing is everything. Had my other car which is a 1978 Trans Am. If no rain, the Barracuda's going to a show tonight.

Not an A Body, but the Trans Am is a lot of fun as well.

TA-first_show-sm.jpg

Love the first pic. It's approprite that the fish is just coming out of the water at the boat ramp. I lived in Palm Harbor (don't know why they call it that, no palm trees, no harbor) for 10 years. We still own a farm on CR1 south of 586 in the middle of Wexford-Leas sub-division.

Welcome aboard and welcome to your new addicition.

Jim

-
Back