Newbie from Sweden

-

swedefish

Reaction score
Hi
I`m from Sweden, I live some 20 km west of Stockholm.
I own two Barracudas, one -67 Fastback that were sold new here in Sweden
and then a -68 Convert that was exported from the US two years ago.
Lelle/swedefish

Kopia (2) av aug-06 042.jpg

Kopia av Bild 012.jpg

Nice to see you here Lelle, long time no see :D
Hows it going with that fastback, finaly got it out!?

Thanks guys
Yes, Chrippa it`s been a while. Have you parked your Duster for this season? As for my Fastback , guess I been a little lazy.
The guy who did my engine didn`t replace the intermedient oil shaft with bushing so that is the job I got in front of me. Otherwise it`s the front end alignment and inspection that`s left to do.
Here`s a pics of my engine compartment.

Kopia av juni -06 034.jpg

Wow the engine bay turned out real nice !!! :)
Like your new aircleaner ;)

Yes the Duster is parked and the engine and tranny is out! Ive just started with the tranny and taken it apart for an overhaul.
The engine will get alot of new stuff, see my thread on the upgrade [thread=13900]here[/thread]. :)

Thanks Duster340 and Chrippa for the nice words.
Read about your upgrade, Chrippa
I beleave it`s gonna be a blast to watch you at the racetrack next summer.
Are you going to do any mods to the chassi too?
Another pics of my Fastback

Kopia av aug-06 045.jpg

Yes i will move the rear springs inward to the frame and build my own set of caltracs. Then i might minitub , havent decided on that one yet, seems a little sad to cut her up but the wider the tire the better :)

Welcome from Spain!!! The MOPAR FEVER invades Europe!!! I hope than you tech with your experience here, i am a learner! too you can learn much here, is a great site!

Thanks cuda67, I agree with you there`s always something new to learn about our cars. I did read on another forum that you got quite a few Mopars in Spain.
What is the weather like during wintertime in Barcelona, are you able to drive your cars without having any snow?

Chrippa, are you going to buy a spring relocation kit for your Duster?

Yet another pics of my -67

Kopia av juni -06 035.jpg

Yes, Spain made the dodge dart with barreiros engine, too exist a few mopars bring here by the american militarys of the diferents bases of the OTAN...

Dont worry for come to Barcelona, only a lot of days snow here, the roads are cleaned five minutes later of the snowing...

If you come to Madrid, please contact with me and I pay a beers for you! ;-)

Welcome Elle, I`m always happy to see more Barracudas swimming in the school! I`m biased, I have a 67 Vert and a 68 Fastback. You`ll find lots of great people and information here at FABO. That`s a very clean 67.....love it!

Thanks Longgone
Made a visit in your garage. Your -68 Fastback are awesome, just love it.
My -67 is a Formula S too, with a factory 383 and 4-speed.
Had a new fendertag made at AG Backeast just recently with the help of documents from Daimler Chrysler Historical Collection
This is my fendertag, sorry that the pic is a little dark

Kopia av okt -06 003.jpg

Thanks for the offer Cuda67Spain.
Did spend a week in Nerja 2 years ago, a friend of mine at work owns a house down there. Your country is very beautiful. :thumbup:

Thanks k3522 both for the kind words and for the link about the jacket, looks like a great idea :thumbup:

The fender tag for my 68 is rough, I could use a new one, but my 67 has documentation galore. It`s in the members restorations section but not in my garage yet because it`s still being restored. It`s just a 273 A/T car but should be a lot of fun when completed. Lelle, you`ve got a rare car with your 67 383 4spd. There`s only 552 68 383 4spd`s and probably fewer 67`s. It looks to be in great shape too! Wow!

Thanks Longgone
Funny, I was thinking I`ve got a -67 factory bigblock Barracuda and a -68 Barracuda convert with a lots of documentation from the previous owner in the US, and you got a -68 factory bigblock and a -67 convert. :headbang:
Mine is the only one with a factory bigblock here in Sweden. But I`m not sure
of how rare it would be in the States.
Here`s a link to my homepage with some pages of the resto of my Fastback,
I know others have had trouble with opening the pics of the convert.

http://hem.bredband.net/lenfog/

Maybe you`ve been in contact with AG Backeast about fendertags? They want 60 $ for to make a new fendertag if they don`t have to decode anything.

Here`s a couple of pic of my convert
It`s a survivor with 63 K on the odo, a couple of small dents but in a great shape all in all

juli -06 055.jpg

Bild 012.jpg

Hey, I just had some "Swedish Fish" at Ikea this afternoon-my wife was listening to ABBA, too. Don't know if I should feel guilty and send apologies or expect a "Thank You" from Sweden. Ironically, the first part is true... the trifeca would have been if we would have driven down in a Volvo (now a Swedish Ford) or Saab (a Swedish Chevy).

-
Back