Newbie fuel pump question

-

67fish383S

Reaction score
The original question was deleted because I can’t delete the thread. Just got tired of all the unnecessary negativity. Thanks to those who replied below with helpful info.

Last edited:
You should be able to run a mechanical pump with that 1406 carb. And, yes, you will need an electric one for FI if you go that route. Do a search in FI as there are some good threads on here from people who have tried or are using different ones.

The mechanical pump is fine for your carb set up. If you go fuel injection, I would consider an in tank fuel pump.

I've run Carter electric pumps since the 70's. They are quiet when driving and always start in less than a revolution. Do you have a pressure regulator? Is your choke pull off working?

I hope that it is in your future to tidy or clean up the your engine bay. I will keep to myself the optics of it.

Oh, I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings? I thought that I was being kind in my criticism, your the one that had the guts to post the crappy picture. Poor baby.

I don't live in my mom's basement dork, and no, you were not being polite. If I were RRR, I would tell you to go **** yourself, but I didn't do that. Have fun with your intellectual intercourse with someone else.
Grow up

Get rid of that Cheesy clear fuel filter and 3 ft of rubber hose. You are asking for a easy leak and fire.

The original question was deleted because I can’t delete the thread. Just got tired of all the unnecessary negativity. Thanks to those who replied below with helpful info.
From what I remember , you said it is a 360. The pics portrayed an LA engine. It would be rare for someone to put LA heads on a magnum engine but it is possible. Make sure you can add a mechanical pump before making the plans as magnum engines in their stock form do not have the provision for mechanical pumps.

From what I remember , you said it is a 360. The pics portrayed an LA engine. It would be rare for someone to put LA heads on a magnum engine but it is possible. Make sure you can add a mechanical pump before making the plans as magnum engines in their stock form do not have the provision for mechanical pumps.
I looked up the casting numbers and it is a 1977 360 LA. It has a cover over where the mechanical pump was removed. I've decided to hold off on making any changes until I do my homework on all the EFI options. Thanks.

If anyone reading this thread is wondering why I made the comments above, you will never know, because he deleted all of his side of the posting. Wouldn't have expected any less from him.

The way this reads, it sounds like you think all 360s are magnums
That can't be right, can it?

The way this reads, it sounds like you think all 360s are magnums
That can't be right, can it?
No I do not think that and I'm not sure how you get that out of my statement. Because he said he was a newbie, I thought he should know the difference even though a magnum block can be made to use a mechanical pump with the correct camshaft and an La timing cover.

-
Back