Newbie... HAARY

-

HAARY

Reaction score
I was looking at the current posts and I saw three pictures of my red 1966 Formula S Barracuda at the Friday evening get to gather in Concord, CA.

So I felt I should become a member of this great site.

I currently have three MOPAR's.

1) 1966 Formula S Barracuda (as mentioned above) only 61,871 original miles on it. It is red with red interior, a four speed and the original Goodyear Blue Streak spare in the trunk. I am the third owner.

The first car I ever bought was in 1968 and it was a 1966 Formula S Barracuda with a four speed. It was white with red interior. I sold it when I got my draft notice and I joined the Navy.

2) 1970 AAR Cuda with 81,387 original miles (I believe but have not confirmed) on it. It still has the original 340 with a six barrel and it an automatic with bench seats. It has had at least three previous owners. But I have owned it since 1985. One of the previous owners beefed it up substantially and drag raced it for couple of years. He also repainted it from the original Lime Light to all BLACK. By that I mean he SANDED the chrome and stainless and painted EVERYTHING black.

It is currently in the shop being painted Lime Light. I spent a lot time stripping and buffing the stainless and chrome that had been sanded and painted.

3) 1978 Dodge Tioga motorhome with 64,566 original miles. I haven't driven it since gas went over $1.50 a gallon. So it is currently in my side yard being a big storage shed for my spare parts and camping equipment.

Haary

Welcome HAARY.
Glad you are a member here, We have the best of the best tec's here
and some great folks too.
Jump on in and enjoy!!

I am a proud owner of a 66 valiant 54.000 miles on her.
We like pictures here, So I will be the first to let you know.

66 day after 003.jpg

Harry...where do you get together in Concord on Friday nights? Is is at Baja Fresh??

welcome haary. i was the one that took the pictures. that is an awsome car. i hope to see you out there some more. i talked to you for a little bit too. how is your AAR coming along? and yes clifftt. its the one at baja fresh. anyone that can make it should come out there. we need more mopars! hehe. i also told redfastback (steve) about it saturday at the capital city mopar show. hopefully he will come out to some also. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=36967

The engine is currently out of mine. I'll have to swing by there, maybe this Friday. I've seen an early red Barracuda from time to time in Concord, perhaps I might see it Friday night!

Harry...where do you get together in Concord on Friday nights? Is is at Baja Fresh??

Yes it is at the Sun Valley Mall on Willow Pass. It is an impromptu get together. But there are normally a lot of cars there. People start arriving about 4PM on Friday.

Harry

I won't be at the Willows tomorrow evening. We have to drive up to Redding to check on the progress of the AAR. The body work is complete and he starting to paint it. I am taking some more trim up there that I bought for it.

Here is a picture of my 66 Formula S.... I haven't figured out how to make a picture's size smaller so I borrowed this picture of my car from slantscamp listing of it.
showthread.php

Wecome haary:cheers:
Glad you posted this I had no Idea there was a get-together in concord!
I used to live right off willow pass up until a year ago...
recently relocated to El Sobrante.

jomoper...

There will be an informal car show at the Willow Pass mall this Friday. It usually starts at about 4PM. I will be there in the Red 66 Barracuda.

Last weekend I went up to Redding to see how the painting of my 70 AAR is going. I am real anxious to see it in it's original LimeLight Green. I bought it in 1985 and it has been black the entire time I have owned it.

-
Back