Newbie here from CT

-

cdb

Reaction score
Hi Everybody, my name is Craig I am in Norwalk CT. I just bought a 1967 Formula S Barracuda , so I'm happy I found this site to help along my restoration efforts. Its a rough customer, but still has its original drivetrain so I feel I have a good start. I'll post some pics when I get a little time. I'll need some help along the way(and some sheet metal), so I may be posting questions from time to time. Thanks for reading my first post.....Craig :-D

All the natives around here are rough. You'll get it sorted. Welcome.

Welcome Craig. Been lots of rough cars started here you are in good company.

Welcome aboard Craig! You might think yours is rough but I'm fairly confident we've all seen worse. :-D Make yourself at home and keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks for the welcome. Here are a few photos fresh off of trailer and in garage. I just got it yesterday from a friend that had it for a lot of years but never worked on it. Undercarriage is very good, so I will deal with replacing outer sheet metal. 383 4speed car. Nothing is missing but radiator, all needs assembly, also has the original exhaust manifolds . Wish me luck.....Thanks again for the welcome........

Attachments

• DSCN4743.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCN4745.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCN4746.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN4747.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCN4748.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCN4749.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN4750.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 118
Welcome aboard and i think you will find out fast how much of a cool place this is. Got ta love our notchbacks.

'67 383 4 speed, that's awesome!
That's the one for me too, love them.

Lets get to decoding it, I'm very interested in seeing the build date and options, where it was sold from, if it was ordered, is the engine original, etc.
Do you have the IBM card, buildsheet, or fender tag?

See here: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=118352

And that looks like a fastback to me, yes?

'67 383 4 speed, that's awesome!
That's the one for me too, love them.

Lets get to decoding it, I'm very interested in seeing the build date and options, where it was sold from, if it was ordered, is the engine original, etc.
Do you have the IBM card, buildsheet, or fender tag?

See here: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=118352

And that looks like a fastback to me, yes?
Yes, its a fastback, I am ordering the Chrysler Historical IBM card info on it today, hopefully it is in their archives. Will get more data when I have the time to empty the parts out of the car and begin to get organized. Craig

Welcome aboard! Looks like a great, solid project you've got there. Good luck with the build, and please keep us posted with lots and lots of pics!

Welcome Craig
I am in Canaan,CT. and own a fastback 69
Doug

Attachments

• 000_2070.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 94
Thanks for the welcome. Here are a few photos fresh off of trailer and in garage. I just got it yesterday from a friend that had it for a lot of years but never worked on it. Undercarriage is very good, so I will deal with replacing outer sheet metal. 383 4speed car. Nothing is missing but radiator, all needs assembly, also has the original exhaust manifolds . Wish me luck.....Thanks again for the welcome........

awesome, never seen so much surface rust.

good luck, you can do it!
gonna look nice fixed up

awesome, never seen so much surface rust.

good luck, you can do it!
gonna look nice fixed up

Yeah, it is rough metal like shark skin LOL ! Thankfully the understructure is very clean never repaired. The engine is rebuilt but has been sitting for years in storage, that will get torn down and gone through. Can't wait to get going on it, will keep updating progress when I get started.......

-
Back