Newbie here! Happy 4th of July everyone !!!!

-

tallhair

Rufus T. Firefly
Reaction score
Hi I'm a newbie here but have lurked for a while. I have little experience with A bodies and small blocks (not that all A bodies are small blocks just I'm not familiar with the small blocks) except for a 68 Barracuda I had long ago and a 72 Dart I helped my brother buy and work on. I am a Mopar guy though and have been since before I was driving going way back. My first car was a 70 RR (still have it but it needs TLC) and my Father, Brother and I have primarily owned Mopars my entire life. A, B, and C's and a couple of trucks. Mostly B's for me though.

I Have a few parts my father and brother left behind when they passed that I need to move on so I'll post them in the for for sale area .. but since I'm not tuned into A body prices/parts. I don't know exactly what they are worth but I'll use my best guess so any suggestions, offers, PMs, etc will be appreciated. I'm sure I know a few of you from FBBO so please say hi and if you're willing help a brother out. I imagine I might be better off posting on CL in my area since most of you are not here and the stuff is mostly body parts or heavy driveline stuff so any tips will help.

I also have twin daughters so I've been looking at A bodies since they are interested in my old cars so I might wind up getting one for them to drive If the wife goes along with it and I find the right car. :)

I'm in in the STL metro area on the Illinois side and the parts (some 69 Dart and small block driveline stuff) are presently near Salem, IL but I could bring them over to where I live if more convenient.

Happy 4th everyone !!

Welcome tallhair. 68 Chicken here from over on FBBO. Got any 67-68 Dart parts? I just bought a 68 GTS to restore.Looking for some fenders and doors. Are you coming to Carlisile? I'll be there Thursday thru Sunday

Thanks Mitch!!! Cool to hear you have the 68 GTS too. I've always liked A bodies just have limited hands on with them.

I have 2 doors and a deck lid and a set of headlight bezels but I'm pretty sure they are 69. Probably some other stuff in the ol' garages but mainly gonna be driveline stuff. I'll post them this weekend in the for sale area but they are just quick snaps in the garage. Not pulled out and detailed pics. I get over there approx once a month and if there's interest I'll work to get detailed pics.

Oh and no Carlisle for me this year but it's on the bucket list !

Welcome to the A-body site, tallhair! Your making the rounds today, just kidding!LOL! Glad you made it!

Anyone who likes A-bodies and has Groucho Marx as their avatar is okay in my book! Welcome aboard!

Glenn

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I really appreciate it.

Cheers new friends Mike, Tony, and Glenn .. Sup Alley and Peter :)

Here's a pic of my R/T and an old one of the RR

ORCuRd8.jpg
[/IMG]

dbqt3XB.jpg

Hey, it's about time you got formalized over here. :-D Welcome aboard my friend! It's great to have you around. It's a lot busier than FBBO but I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Welcome aboard, every word that CudaChick1968 said is so true :cheers:
Enjoy the great folks and tech's here :glasses7: I do :D

Good to see you here :eek:ccasion:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I really appreciate it.

Cheers new friends Mike, Tony, and Glenn .. Sup Alley and Peter :)

Here's a pic of my R/T and an old one of the RR

ORCuRd8.jpg
[/IMG]

dbqt3XB.jpg

Very cool stuff!!! Welcome to the best damn MoPar site on the interweb!!!! :glasses7:

Thanks Leanna, MeMike, 69340! You guys have some really nice rides and a cool culture over here too. I've meant to signup long before but finally got'er done.

Welcome to FABO, tallhair. You're going to have fun here. As CudaChick68 said, we're a lot busier than FBBO and, I think, you'll find a bit of a different culture here as well.
You might want to post up pics of your Dart parts, particularly the headlight bezels. FABO members with Darts are always looking for primo headlight bezels.
Again, welcome!

Thanks Ken I'm sure I will and yes I've seen the culture and heard a few stories :). I'll try to fit in well. I'll post some pics this weekend and and when I'm over at the storage location I'll see what I can find in the way of A body stuff. I might just post a couple photo's wide shots I took back in Jan on a quick mission to remind myself what was over there. And maybe those who recognize something will PM me with questions or point out something I missed.

Here's pic of the Dart bezels. Like a said quick shot and they're dusty

deleted to edit down the pic .. WOW it was huge!

trying again

bwgdxt1l.jpg

Welcome tallhair, I am over on FBBO too. I just began posting over there last month - been away for a while. FABO is definately busier than FBBO.

-
Back