Newbie here-My Duster won at ISCA Show!!!

-
Beautiful car there. You did a great job of restoring it. The shine on the paint is awesome. Congrats.

WOW VERY NICE.Have you taken the car back to the original owner for her to see?I have done this a few times over the years its always a good feeling.
Jim

Jim- I haven't taken it to her in person yet- trying to wait for the weather to get out of the sub-zero temps first. I have however taken her pictures and she was so excited. I have promised her a ride as soon as I can. She really loved that car. About a week after I bought it from her she told me she didn't know what to think the 1st time in 38 years she looked out in her garage and it wasn't there. She's a special lady and it is a very special car to me- Take care, Ron

Very nice Duster Ron. A well deserved winner! I admire you guys that can keep your restorations so clean. I just can`t seem to keep my cars that presentable.

Very nice work, what a nice Duster!
Hey, Since it's not dead stock, think of all the money you saved not buying date coded pcv valves!8) You can take the originality thing too far....What's next, NOS air for the tires? Sheesh.
And if these things ever get to where they sell for 50-60 thousand (God, I hope not!) you haven't done anything to it you cant undo!
Glad to hear you did it your way.
I can still remember when my friends used to ask me why I liked Dusters and Valiants so much....things sure have changed!
alan627b

HemiMark- Wow what a set up you have- Did you put that in there with a shoe horn ? LOL

Thanks again guys for all the compliments. The wife and I took some photos of the rest of the cars and I hope to have them out here soon. Take care, Ron

I was at the cavalcade of customs on sunday when I saw your beautiful Duster. I try to make it down there every year and this is the first time I have seen a Duster. I literally couldn't walk away lol. I checked out the resotoration photos you had on display. Job well done. Do you live in Cincinnati? I hope to see you at some local shows when the weather warms up, including the mopar nats.

BTW, I was thinking about entering my Duster for the 2010 cavalcade of customs. If you don't mind telling me how much is the fee to enter a car. I can never find it listed anyplace. Thanks, and keep up the great work.

later

7duster4- Thank you so much for the compliments. I live in Northern Ky so I hope to see you at some shows. I believe I have seen your car before at the Clermont County Sportsmen Club Show. I also have a 71 Tor-Red Challenger that I have shown there with. Are you a member of the Tri-State Mopar Club?? The cost to enter the Cavalcade is $50.00 and that covers the ISCA membership etc... BTW - You also have a beautiful Duster! Take care, Ron

Just wanted to let you guys know that requested. I finally got the pics of my son's Dart out there. We started a new thread entitled "Here are the Pics you requested" or just do a search under my user name mopar155. Hope you guys enjoy- Ron

7duster4- Thank you so much for the compliments. I live in Northern Ky so I hope to see you at some shows. I believe I have seen your car before at the Clermont County Sportsmen Club Show. I also have a 71 Tor-Red Challenger that I have shown there with. Are you a member of the Tri-State Mopar Club?? The cost to enter the Cavalcade is $50.00 and that covers the ISCA membership etc... BTW - You also have a beautiful Duster! Take care, Ron

Thanks for the comment "mopar155" I believe I have seen your Challenger at the sportsmen show. Very nice. I am a member of the Tri-State Mopar Club. It's a lot of fun. Nice cars and great people. Let me know if you ever want more info about it. I think you would enjoy it if you joined. We always have car activities planned. I saw pics of your garage and sons dart. WOW! amazing cars and amazing garage. Talk to you later.

That was a well deserved win you got. I hope to have my Duster in that good a condition some day ...

One question...

What is that thing just to the left of the Speedometer? I couldn't tell from the pic.

j

Chlngr1970- Thanks for the comments. The "Thing" on the dash is a stick on certi-card holder. Whatever that is. The 82 year old previous owner told me the dealer put it on in the 70's. I am afraid to remove it because I don't want to destroy any of the finish on the instrumentation. I might end up removing it and putting a new decal kit on the dash. Take care, Ron

Kenny- Just wondering if you got my reply

Hey Ron,

I haven't been around for a while and just read your reply .. Thanks for taking the time .. I agree on making a car exactly what you want it to be, and again, was just curious ..

Kenny

mooser- Thanks I really like the purple too. Red used to be my favorite but the purple has really grown on me- It really POPS out in the sun. Take care, Ron

love the car!!!! i'm working on my 73 big block duster. it will be plum crazy too!!!! and mopars that are painted plum crazy are just that !!!! "plum crazy"!!!!8)

homeboysduster-thanks for the compliment-Good luck with your 73, Ron

-
Back