Newbie In Norcal

-

Cassius

Reaction score
Howdy y'all my name is Cassius. I just bought a 1974 Plymouth Duster and I'm looking to fix it up. This website, its forums, and members have been very helpful. I'll probably be asking some questions of my own here soon since this is the first car I've ever worked on. I believe in being an eternal student so I've come here to learn. Hope y'all have a great weekend and REPRESENT MOPAR!

TheDuster.png

Welcome to FABO!
You've found the right place to hang out especially if you have questions, lots of experienced and helpful people here.
You can answer some of your questions if you do a search, lots of topics have been discussed already..............
How about more info and pics of your Duster? Build plans, etc.
Enjoy the site and prepare to spend a lot of time here!

Welcome to FABO!
You've found the right place to hang out especially if you have questions, lots of experienced and helpful people here.
You can answer some of your questions if you do a search, lots of topics have been discussed already..............
How about more info and pics of your Duster? Build plans, etc.
Enjoy the site and prepare to spend a lot of time here!

Thanks for the reply. You're absolutely right - there's is tons of knowledge here. I've been lurking around without registering and figured I'd better stop messing around haha. Unfortunately space is a high premium here in the bay so I have it in a garage elsewhere. I'll add more photos as I work on it. My Duster has a 198 Slant 6 and an A904 TorqueFlite and is pretty much stock as far as I know.

I plan for this it to be my daily driver for the rest of my life. I'm not sure if my plans will affect that. I'd like to replace the motor and transmission with a 440 Magnum and A727 TorqueFlite respectively. I've been looking for ways to improve handling so I'm starting from the bottom up. Stronger torsion bars, better suspension, transmission bracing, etc. I'm always open to suggestions and advice since all of my mech/tech knowhow is in aviation. I figure I can apply some of what I know to this project.

Welcome aboard glad to have you. I love the later darts and dusters. I have a 75 dart.

San Jose....The land of money and HIGH home prices!
Check with the Mopar club Mopar Alley. They have their annual car show in Cupertino in early June. Maybe look them up and attend a club meeting. Car clubs can be great for networking and finding parts. I'm a member of the Capital City Mopars in Sacramento. I have made countless scores on cars and parts since joining in 2003.
Welcome to the forum.

San Jose....The land of money and HIGH home prices!
Check with the Mopar club Mopar Alley. They have their annual car show in Cupertino in early June. Maybe look them up and attend a club meeting. Car clubs can be great for networking and finding parts. I'm a member of the Capital City Mopars in Sacramento. I have made countless scores on cars and parts since joining in 2003.
Welcome to the forum.

Thank you, sir. You aren't lying about how expensive it is here! I don't have any people over here so I've been relying on this website's numerous resources. I'll definitely look up that Mopar club. I'm literally Joe Dirt status - new and don't know what to do haha. Regardless I am looking forward to getting in there with my Duster.

Howdy y'all my name is Cassius. I just bought a 1974 Plymouth Duster and I'm looking to fix it up. This website, its forums, and members have been very helpful. I'll probably be asking some questions of my own here soon since this is the first car I've ever worked on. I believe in being an eternal student so I've come here to learn. Hope y'all have a great weekend and REPRESENT MOPAR!

View attachment 1715315810

Nice car... You have a good base to start with.... :thumbsup:

Welcome to FABO.... :welcome:
C2AFF16B-B692-45ED-9FE7-7C3562C9B86A.gif

-
Back