Newbie Needs Info Help Please

-

zaternine

Reaction score
Hello, i have a 67 barracuda 273 with basic bolt ons, 727, and original rear end. She will almost be a daily driver with ocasional trips to the local drags. I know for sure i will want disc brakes up front and i know it will change the bolt pattern.
My question is on the rear end. how can i find out what rear end came stock on my car, and when i go to the big bolt pattern, what donor cars should i look for to get my rear end, what size rear end and what gear ratio do you suggest. what modifications will need to be made for this to work. any information is greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.......Karlo

wuts up man, well first off ... the rear end, have a look at it and if it had a pan on back then its a 7 1/4 if theres no pan on back and 3rd member comes out the dront of it then its an 8 3/4, which is awsome.keep it if its an 8 3/4, if u crawl under there there will be a tag on one of the bolts that will tell u the gears in it. if u are gunna make it a racer go w/ somethin from 3.91 to 4.10 to 4.56 depending on how extreme. if its a daily driver a real good gear is 3.55.and make sure its a sure grip (posi)...and u can get a disk brake kit w/ the small bolt pattern if u prefer. if ur rear is not an 8 3/4 and u want to put one in u can find them in alot of the a bodies. u can make one from a b body fit like my freind in his 72 dart but its tight and he had to bang out the fender well wich im sure u dont want to do. sooo yeah u can pick up a good 8 3/4 out of any abod....dart,duster, barracuda,and soo on goog luck hunting man

-
Back