Newbie with my first Cuda at 62 yrs old

-

Towboater61

HP isn't the problem, Traction is the problem
Reaction score
Hey everyone, Yet another Newbie here as the title says. Always wanted one, so at 62 I'm spending the kids inheritance and got a Barracuda :lol: Just wanted to say Hey Y'all, see peoples builds, & look for advise. Thanks for lettin me join up. Al

IMG_0962.jpeg

Welcome from Kansas. I am a retired USAF Navigator. I was stationed at Mather AFB in Sacramento twice (73-73 and 77-81). We LOVED Placerville. Every fall we would drive up for the apple festival. Wonderful memories. I seriously considered moving to Placerville after I retired from the USAF, but fate took me elsewhere.
We need pictures. One of our sayings is, "Without pictures it didn't happen."
Welcome again!!!!!

Hey everyone, Yet another Newbie here as the title says. Always wanted one, so at 62 I'm spending the kids inheritance and got a Barracuda :lol: Just wanted to say Hey Y'all, see peoples builds, & look for advise. Thanks for lettin me join up. Al

Awesome!!!

Pictures pictures pictures

Welcome aboard

Welcome Al! I love Placerville, lots of wineries up there. Lava Cap is our favorite in your area. Show us some pics of your car.

Thanks HD, but like them all, it's got it's issues I'm gonna have to sort out, but definitely a good start & absolutely rust free. Dam gas gause already has me pulling out my hair LOL

Any problems giving you trouble just post, you will find we are a pretty helpful bunch with a ton on knowledge. Beautiful ride, very clean engine compartment! Welcome from the motor city.

Welcome to FABO!!! Beautiful Barracuda!!

My dream car is a real AAR 'Cuda!!!

There are lots of threads on here about fuel gauges. Click the magnifying glass and search. Mine "sorta" works, LOL. I just set my trip odometer and fill up when I need to.

Any problems giving you trouble just post, you will find we are a pretty helpful bunch with a ton on knowledge. Beautiful ride, very clean engine compartment! Welcome from the motor city.
Quick question for ya, would I post a question here, or hunt around for a specific topic? This is all Totally new to me. And Thanks for saying that

Welcome to FABO!!! Beautiful Barracuda!!

My dream car is a real AAR 'Cuda!!!

There are lots of threads on here about fuel gauges. Click the magnifying glass and search. Mine "sorta" works, LOL. I just set my trip odometer and fill up when I need to.
I'd do that Too, but that's the next thing on the "To Do" list.. speedo & odometer not working either, & I'm guessing the plastic gear in the 727 trans is the culprit on that one.

Both. You will find this is one of the most active sites on the web. It also has an amazing search function. Win, win. Where would you like to start?

Maybe cable, or gear or speedo. Jack up the car , disconnect the speedo cable at the speedo and see if it turns with the car in gear. Take the necessary precautions.

Both. You will find this is one of the most active sites on the web. It also has an amazing search function. Win, win. Where would you like to start?
Well, Since ya asked.....Got the car last weekend. Fuel gauge not working so I went with the most common route to fix it. swapped out the sending unit, and now it shows Something, but before I installed it, I hooked up the new sender outside the tank & had the full range of readings on the gauge in the car, so I'm thinking, easy Peasy, slap the new one in & problem solved. Well, I took out 6 Ga ( should be exactly 1/3)from the tank to the drop, & after everything was back in, put the 6 ga back in. But it's got me scratching my head... reads almost right at 1/8 tank. & ya, double checked wire & ground strap. Any ideas? Like I said, had it hooked to the same wires before I put it into the tank, & had Full range of reading, and now this.

-
Back