Newbies here. With our '65 Cuda in AK

-

Skarlett

Reaction score

Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and my wife as we just picked up our ride and are going to beginning a Resto-mod on it. Bought a 1965 Barracuda that had been sitting in a garage for the last 7 years and had some beginner bodywork done to it. But it has the 273 that runs, new driveline, exhaust, tires and the backglass has a custom sandblasted barred symbol in the center of it with the barracuda words etched on both side of the backless as well. I am thinking this will be a slight mod, nothing major to it. Mostly safety upgrades, possibly bigger wheels and some custom work on the inside as well. We also picked up a "donor" car as well that also has the glass, very good interior as well, and that one came with a couple of engines. The standard 273 and also a 360. Both need to be put back together, but they have the trannys with them as well. For the price I paid for these two cars, I feel like the cops will be paying me a visit soon. I am looking forward to talking to a lot of you, and learning a ton from the looks of things. I hope I can return the favor sometime and help someone else out in the future. And, to anyone in Alaska, feel free to contact us, it would be awesome to work on this car with someone else that I can talk to and pick some knowledge up from. We will be posting some pictures up soon so everyone can track our progress

I responded to your 'disc swap' thread, but see here you're talking rests-mod

If you want to go big, have a look at RMS's Alterktion (they have disc brake kits you can add to the replacement k-member/coil over setup):

https://www.reillymotorsports.com/store/home.php

Also, check out hemidenny for another coilover option that has brake packages:

http://www.hemidenny.com (looks like the website is a placeholder, but he posts on here, so you can search for him under username HemiDenny

Welcome to FABO! Sounds like you got a good deal of things to make one sweet 65 out of two. Good luck on your project, ask around if you got concerns or search around, answers are everywhere here.

If you can, post up a few pics, love to see what your starting with.

I don't think we are looking to go real big right now. I'm pretty sure that my wife wants to keep the car as close to stock as we can. But I know that she already has plans to put her personal touches on it thats for sure. I will check those sites out as I get time. I'll be working for away from home for the next 2 weeks with little access to computers, but I think I can find time. This was the same car my wife had as her first car and her first husband made her get rid of it, so, naturally, she ended up getting rid of him. This was her birthday present from me this year however so she is very anxious to get started on it

Welcome to FABO. Enjoy your build and this site.

Welcome to FABO. You and your wife will have fun building your car and hanging out here. There are lots of early A Body owners here to help you along the way. toolmanmike

-
Back