Newby

-

Mtn Thunder

Reaction score
Hello to all! My name is Mike. I'm a newby to the sight. After watching for a while, I figured I would join. I've always been a Mopar fan and currently have two 69 Darts, one a 440 sixpack, the other an original 340 Swinger that needs a complete restoration. Glad to be onboard!

Is that your BB Dart in your avitar Mike, looks mean and nasty, Welcome from another Big Iron Kind of Guy.

Terry

Yes,it's the car I've always wanted. While I have had many street and race cars through the years,none of them were really done right. Just enough to drive or to race. This one I took my time and did every thing right from the ground up and the effort paid off.

It's a 69 Dart Custom that was in good shape to begin with. I had the trim holes filled and the bodywork done then painted Viper white with Ice Pearl added for a nice eye catcher in the sun.
The engine is a 10:1 440 with a crane solid lift cam and a weiand six pack tunnel ram. Torqueflite trans and 4:11 8 3/4.
I finished it last spring and had a ball driving it around town and doing the car shows around Ca. This year it hits the track with a test and tune in late Feb. in preparation for Mopars at the Strip and if I still have the racing bug I may attend some West Coast Hot Rod events.
Nice to see your a Demon fan. My son races one in Fla. It was his first car and he won the high school championship with it at LACR in '96.
Thanks for the welcome

-
Back