Newer style mini starter install???

-

DusterKrazy

Reaction score
I've installed the earlier style mini starter's before but recently, I have aquired a newer style. Instead of the two studded terminals for hookup, it has a plug in terminal and a stud terminal. Can I still hook this style up to my old school Mopars? If so, how do I go about hooking it up?

I've installed the earlier style mini starter's before but recently, I have aquired a newer style. Instead of the two studded terminals for hookup, it has a plug in terminal and a stud terminal. Can I still hook this style up to my old school Mopars? If so, how do I go about hooking it up?

You bet. I just did one this weekend. Use the plug-in connector from a '99 or newer Ram, which are easy enough to find in the salvage yard. Just splice it in place of the smaller of the two ring terminals (other end goes to starter relay.)

'99 Ram has a much smaller starter than '80's Diplomat, and the Ram starter clears Doug's headers, BTW.

Ok so when the bell housing has a threaded stud for the bottom bolt and a threaded bolt hole for the upper, Do we drill the threads out of the mini starters ?

-
Back