Newest addition in the garage

-
Talked to the owner for over an hour before pulling the trigger. In today's world, it's not a lot of money, so I'm not too worried about being taken on it. I'll be painting the radiator support black first thing.

A slant six 4 door for 8700. Somebody saw you comin.

I don't know - a 63 with only 70k that's been Fully Refurbished, mileage is accurate. All New Paint, Interior, Brakes (upgraded to double master cyl.), Suspension, wheels and tires (coker 15x7 5x4bp). Everything works as it should, runs perfect, drive anywhere.. for $8700 - that doesn't seem unreasonable.

I don't know - a 63 with only 70k that's been Fully Refurbished, mileage is accurate. All New Paint, Interior, Brakes (upgraded to double master cyl.), Suspension, wheels and tires (coker 15x7 5x4bp). Everything works as it should, runs perfect, drive anywhere.. for $8700 - that doesn't seem unreasonable.

Agree.
Some folks will critique your classic car purchase price yet will drop $40,000 plus on an average new vehicle they will finance and end up paying $50,000 for.
Nice purchase bruceo2011. Enjoy her.

Nice ride. 09 silverado bare bones goes for that up here. What would i rather drive?. I used to say, know how many 80 power wagons i can buy for 60 grand?

Old and shiny beats new and shiny all day long.

A slant six 4 door for 8700. Somebody saw you comin.

Yeah, yeah, yeah…we all wanna pretend it's perpetually 1985 and a Slant-6 4-door Valiant's always and only worth no more than $1200. LOL

That's a sweet car and a realistic price. Go on, start with a better-than-average '63 Valiant 4-door and try to duplicate this car's condition and equipment for under $10K. I dare you.

Thanks everybody. After speaking with the owner for over an hour before buying it, I have a good feeling about the deal. I've owned Valiants since 1969, so I know what to ask, etc. The owner has also been a lifelong Valiant owner, and now in his sixties and shoulder surgery on both arms, he just can't enjoy a non power steering car anymore. Car was taken down to the shell, any dents straightened, and painted base coat & clear coat. He used POR15 on the undercarriage, floor pans, everywhere before paint. Head was pulled and cylinders checked for wear, valves and guides replaced. New gas tank, new brakes with dual master, all suspension done, all new upholstery, new window gaskets, new tail light lenses, new wheels and tires. The list goes on and on. And he has spare '63 specific parts I'm going to get. This was not a quick flip car. Figuring labor, materials, and he had bought a parts car, it's a bargain. Monday will be road trip day. Even closer to ground zero for the solar eclipse. I'll report in on Monday.

So, I drove the '63 home from Iowa, about 320 miles, without a glitch. Ran through blinding rain in Southern Minnesota. New window gaskets front and rear didn't leak. The trunk mat did get damp - trunk needs adjustment. Doors shut hard due to new weatherstripping. Drove down the highway at 70 straight as an arrow. The owner had been working on it since 2011. His wife was crying seeing it go. Just needs a bunch of little unfinished things done.

-
Back