Newest member CT '70 Duster 340

-
Jim, welcome to FABO. How about some pics and history on the Duster? As for the trim rings, I have seen them (or very close variations of them at several larger car shows I have been to). Have you tried Wheel Vintiques or Stockton Wheel? I know that the majority of the aftermarket rings out there are stainless/polished but again, I have seen brushed that looks like it would work.

Thanks for your quick response. I'll check thier websites. I've been working on this for 8 years, last summer was the first time on the road. Body off restoration, it was borne as a 340 w/auto, all orginal with broadcast sheet in tack. Only modifcations were color which is now Orange with 4-speed manual. I'll post pictures soon.

Yes, please do. It sounds like a very nice car. Good luck with the search. If I come across any again, I will get the vendors contact information for you.

Where abouts are you located? My brothers in New Milford Im up 202 just into Warren. Are you the fella who works for Frank at CARS with the restored Duster??

I'm Jim, I own Southworth Chrysler in N.M. & Southworth Dodge in Kent. The fella from CARS is Scott. You should bring your Duster by when the weather is better.

Jim,

I may have a set of brushed trim rings - I will try and look this weekend... you looking for 2 or 4?

Welcome - I hope I get to see your car soon (maybe at Marcus?)

Kory

Kory,
Thanks. I didn't make it to Marcus last year, I'll make a point to get there. I've been to McDonalds in Torrington on Friday nights and we hope to have a carshow at the Chrysler store in N.M. on Saturday late afternoon & evening the July 4th week-end. The best palce to see the Fireworks is from that location. Hope to see you around. Jim

WOW! Now thats to the point, sorry, no help on the rings, but, welcome aboard.

welcome jj ive only been here a few months and this forum is fantastic with some of the nicest folks Ive ever spoken with. I feel blessed to be here, thanx everyone for being so kind, don from fla.

im a senior member and ive only been here less than a month, hahahahaha these guys rock and go out of their way for strangers ,great forum, best ive even been in ,my thanks to staff for starting this forum

im a senior member and ive only been here less than a month, hahahahaha these guys rock and go out of their way for strangers ,great forum, best ive even been in ,my thanks to staff for starting this forum

I'm Jim, I own Southworth Chrysler in N.M. & Southworth Dodge in Kent. The fella from CARS is Scott. You should bring your Duster by when the weather is better.
Hi Jim, you know me ! Im the guy who owned the Duster you have now. I was just at your dealership Thursday to pick up another can of Street Hemi Orange for final coat on my motor before re-install (dropping in today-Sat) . Glad you found the website!

Kory,
Thanks. I didn't make it to Marcus last year, I'll make a point to get there. I've been to McDonalds in Torrington on Friday nights and we hope to have a carshow at the Chrysler store in N.M. on Saturday late afternoon & evening the July 4th week-end. The best palce to see the Fireworks is from that location. Hope to see you around. Jim
Jim, this year's auto show at Southworths....we should get these 2 Dusters parked together. Would be a pretty cool pic to post..

We will do that. Did you hear about the show on Main Street New Milford in August ? Don Clady is putting it together. Also the show at N.M. VFW on Monday evenings.

We will do that. Did you hear about the show on Main Street New Milford in August ? Don Clady is putting it together. Also the show at N.M. VFW on Monday evenings.
I've been getting the flyers here and there. I may dust the car off for a Monday night cruise at the VFW even. The show at Rhinebeck this May was great. I hope you can attend the Farmington Ct. show June 1st Jim. I'll be entering in stock A body 70-72. The New Milford Green thing I havent heard anything about..

-
Back