News Flash! From Dodge "MOPAR Challenger"

-
considering selling my barracuda for a new challenger,,or a first gen viper coupe.,,,,,

but as to the guy saying they should recruit designers from ford,,,have you seen what they did to that stang?? the 05-09 was perfect IMO,,, the 2010 stang is GAY,, that GM hood,and back end that there is no fixing,,,the challenger is the most retro car out there currently,,the camaro is just buutt ugly IMO,,

ok the mopar 10 decal on th escoop is just stupid looking

and look, my day has something in common with that car. mustang wheels.. :)

boring boring boring.. chrysler will never get it...

to me it looks like they had a bunch of mopar accessories in stock that they wanted to get rid of. put em on 500 challengers and sell it as a limited production.

the mopar 10 is dumb,,,and i guess i should take the TEE handle out of my car cause its a barracuda and he said the TEE handle says challenger lol AND black rims just plain suck,,,,IMO

Nice car, but the upgrades are strictly cosmetic. Matching stitching??? Do you get a matching belt and shoes too?? Invest all that time and $$$ and come up with aftermarket pepboys add ons?? Is the scoop functional? Where is the vert??? If you want something to go up in value or something limited, do a pkg with the vert. Chevy is and so is Ford.

A convertible!!, now that might get some people excited

I was hoping for some more guts to put to the ground, but, unless I missed it, its a beauty queen looking for a date or a sugar daddy!

I guess they forgot to ask the us, the public!

Guys,
I think everyone is missing the point. Some may like this car and some may hate it but the one thing for sure is that Chrysler/Dodge/Mopar/Fiat created it, and that's a good thing!
When Chrysler STOPS making cars like these we should all be pissed.

For that kind of money one could buy a cool original cuda or challenger? Maybe even a t/a or formula s already done up nice ...just check out ones for sale this weekend at Carlisle! Newer does not mean better!

$38K will not buy a "T/A done up nice". Well not according to the ads in Mopar Collector's Guide.

I'll pass on the scoop decal, but I like the scoop, wheels and stitching. I'd keep the side stripe if they get rid of the Mopar script at the rear and put R/T in the stripe where it belongs (see attatched pic).

I'd love to build a '70 Challenger 'vert HEMI clone. When the SRT Challenger came out, I said screw the clone. I'll take an SRT (Plum Crazy or Panther Pink) and drive the whizz outta it right away. I ran this past a friend of mine with a base 6 cyl. Challenger. His thought was why put out $50K for a car that will depreciate? He told me to put the $50K towards the '70 Challenger that I really want that will appreciate in value over time. If I ever win the lottery, I'll have both! :cheers:

Wylde1.

1970-Dodge-Challenger-RT-Convertible-Pink-Side-sy.jpg

Enough with the Mopar bashing ya buncha whiners! LMAO!
You don't like the package? So what? Plenty will, I'm betting a whole lot more than 500!
The $38,000 is in line with the cars abilities, style and comfort level + it's an instant collectible.

As far as the Fiat crap goes, why are you know-it-alls so hung up on Fiat? I've heard more and more Mopar and Fiat bashing on this site lately and it just sucks.

I really do believe that Mopar and Fiat pairing up right now is a GOOD thing!

Again, you don't like it? good! who cares? quit your vile bitchin!
You won't buy one? Again, who cares? lol

You guys ask for all these details...do you know how to use google? LMAO!

MOPAR '10 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T
View vehicle features on YouTube featuring Pietro Gorlier, Mark Trostle, Dan Zimmermann and Ralph GillesMopar® and Dodge have created a modern performance classic and the epitome of enthusiast desire: The Mopar ‘10 Dodge Challenger R/T. This limited edition package combines hardcore performance upgrades and traffic-stopping style.The only question is: Will you own this future collectible?

Chrysler Blog Q/A with Pietro Gorlier and Ralph Gilles, announcing the Mopar '10 Dodge Challenger R/T

View official press release
ONE HOT RIDE

Command the street in a vehicle built with every small nuance, every minute detail, designed to transform your mundane drive home into a one-man car show.

The canvas of the Mopar® ‘10 R/T package begins with a Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat. You choose the accent: Mopar Blue, Red or Silver, and your personal theme is carried through the interior with matched seat and steering wheel stitching. Every passerby will know that you’re driving a true performance machine, as Mopar is prominent throughout the exterior: Mopar-branded hood pin caps, hood graphic, fuel door and fascia badge. Plus, every owner receives a Mopar ’10 R/T Owner’s Kit with heritage parts and a book that outlines the special vehicle build and specification data, as well as a limited-edition sketch of the vehicle signed by Chrysler Group design chief MarkTrostle and Mopar '10 merchandise.
PERFORMANCE PERFECTION

The Mopar ’10 Dodge Challenger R/T package comes jam-packed with the authentic performance of Mopar.

The Mopar ’10 R/T is built with a Mopar Cold Air Intake System, which picks up air directed from the performance hood scoop through a new Mopar hood venting system. Handling is improved by the addition of Mopar’s front and rear strut tower braces. Add in a fully-functional T/A style hood with vintage Mopar hood pins, and its 20” forged black finished wheels, and suddenly you’re sitting behind the wheel of a speed demon.

Mopar and Dodge have produced an enthusiast’s dream-come-true. Ask your local dealer how you can possess this limited editon Mopar ’10 Dodge Challenger R/T.
EXTERIOR FEATURES

* Vented T/A Style Hood with Graphic
* 20" Forged Wheels with Gloss Black Finish
* Mopar® Logo Fuel Door and Fascia Badge
* Black Chrome Grille Surround
* Body Stripe Graphics
* Rear Quarter Glass Window Graphic
* Black Chrome Hood Pins
* Mopar '10 Logo Car Cover

INTERIOR FEATURES

* Katzkin® Leather Seating with matching highlight stitching and embroidered Mopar '10 logo
* Custom Leather Steering Wheel with unique shape, matching highlight stitching and Mopar logo
* Mopar Shift Handles (T-handle for automatic, Pistol grip for manual)
* Serialized Dash Plaque with vehicle name

PERFORMANCE FEATURES

* Front and Rear Strut Tower Braces (including billet caps for front shocks)
* Cold Air Intake System with sock
* Under hood venting and water management system for T/A hood

PERFORMANCE FEATURES

* Front and Rear Strut Tower Braces (including billet caps for front shocks)
* Cold Air Intake System with sock
* Under hood venting and water management system for T/A hood

gonna take more then that to make up the difference... :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o3p8fZZQM8&feature=related"]YouTube- V-8 Pony Car Drag Race! 2011 Mustang GT vs 2010 Camaro SS vs 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8[/ame]

..so they promise 500 only to the original buyers ..it sells....then they produce more..and more of the same..this drops the rarity value ..that is not particularity honest...

why the hell do they cal it the Mopar 10?? not a ten cylinder, and it will be out in 2011

..so they promise 500 only to the original buyers ..it sells....then they produce more..and more of the same..this drops the rarity value ..that is not particularity honest...

That is a valid point Grassy. If I shell out $40K for one of these, I don't want more than 500 made. In fact, a guy at the Mopar display at Carlisle mentioned that they may indeed make more that the 500 initially announced. Thayt's lame.

I saw one of these in my town, Idk if it was one, but it was all black with the stripes and black rims. It looks pretty sweet, but I def. want a cuda or roadrunner. I dislike the new dodge demon though, looks to much like a sporty neon rather than a demon/duster curvy body.

Congratulations Mopar, you invented the "stripe":thebirdm:. That's the best you could do?[-X There isn't a single thing on that car I couldn't do myself for less than 38k in a weekend & be happy. Hell, I could do all that to a V-6 Chally & no one would know the difference.
Mopar builds ac ar to entice car enthusiasts & then glams it up with questionable cosmetics & expects us to give it a :thumleft: Nope, once again you only got it half-right when you have a bin full of parts, engineers chomping at the bit & a HUGE baby-boomer base you can entice & win over with just a few carefully added parts & old-style marketing.
Tell you what--- put me in charge of your Performance Prgram & watch sales JUMP! Bragging? Sure! But I can't do any worse than you guys are........

in 40 years this car will be like a mod top and everyone will say oh my god, i could have bought one for only $40,000

Instead of producing a special edition with a few add-ons, why not produce a special addition with a few deletions--like about 500 lbs. worth of deletions. Sorry, but every LX car is a fat pig that needs to spend time on "The Biggest Loser" to be competitive.

-
Back