next project

-

afbill

FABO World Ambassador
Reaction score
Ok, I realize that we are nowhere close to being done with the 'Cuda, but my dad and I are already looking towards our next project. I realize that Max Wedge cars aren't A bodies (yes, I will join that forum), but we are mulling over building a Max Wedge Clone. What's the best car to get: Fury, Polara...what year? If anyone has any input I would love it. Thanks.

There is a factory max wedge car on ebay right now but it would be hard to fix. 63-65 polara's are nice

X2 on the 63/4 plymouth. I'm in the same boat my son is already talking about a late 40s to early 50s harley bopper project plus a ratrod project and a 70s challenger/cuda project and we have not even finished his charger yet and my car needs to be done sometime christ i hope i live long enough to finish all this stuff. It's nice to be young and have all these hopes and dreams, hell i'm happy just waking up every morning without dirt in my eyes.

I've got a couple friends who have some perfect Max Wedge candidates. One has a nice '65 Coronet 2 door sedan, and another has a '64 Savoy sedan. I know the '65 is on Kansas City craigslist, and I think the '64 is on Topeka, KS craigslist.

64 Savoy is a sweet 426 candidate imo

Definitely agree. The guy who has the '65 Coronet has a sweet '63 Max Wedge clone. It's detailed enough that there have been a lot of shows where people will talk about it and say how "It's a real one". He just sits back and watches. He used to own the '64 Savoy that I mentioned as well and a friend of ours thought he needed a project so he sold it to him. Now the guy sold his house and is losing his shop so he's trying to clear some stuff out. If I remember right it's a former Sheriff's car.

-
Back