NHL 2018/19

-

cannucky

The Guy With No Birthday
Reaction score
Anybody else watch the rookie Tournament this weekend ? It was entertaining and I heard today's game between Toronto and Montreal was pretty good as well but it was closed to the public for some reason .Still no contract for Nylander in Toronto and no real changes to the D or goaltending for the Leafs , just several UFA veterans aloowed to leave with no return . What did your team do to get better ?

I’ve checked out some highlights from Buf-NJD last week and didn’t bother with Saturday’s loss against Boston. I’m excited to see Dalin and a few others. I occasionally work the spot light at Sabres home games. Last year was so bad, I had the light on the organ player more than the goal scorers.

We get back to back preseason games with your guys the 21st and 22nd , you can just keep that light on #16 .

I will be in my perch
C2794B6E-0012-4A9E-A2FD-D1B467078A93.jpeg
B00D79B5-1AD0-4D7F-8B66-193E8A6B6908.jpeg

Kucherov signed to 7 year(!) contract.

I thought sure he'd get traded for cap room plus he kind of acts like he'd rather be in a larger market sometimes.

Great gig you got there , you may not see the in fighting but you can sure see the plays develop eh !

We're getting the short end of the world jr's here in Victoria this year but the arena on the Navy base needs a couple of part timers and I do a lot of work in there so the guy running the place told me to fill out an app and he'll hire me , free Zamboni lessons yippee . He's very well known in the hockey world and has done world class work in many places before taking this place over so I can learn from the best plus Hockeyville is coming this year as well as a couple of special events I can't talk about .
Every hockey kids dream eh ! I'll get to drive the Zamboni and get paid for it .

Just read Stevie Y is stepping down from the GM job in Tampa , WOW after the great job he's done building a perennial powerhouse there he's not going to be at the helm to see it pay off .

First day of camp for the Leafs in Niagara Falls , theres some video up of the 2 period scrimmage so I got my first Fix lol Jonesing for more now eh !

First pre-season game tonight against the Sens can't wait . Jonesing so bad I watched the Habs and Devils for a period last night lol . 2nd and 3rd forward line squad playing tonight 1st line and 4th line hopefuls play tomorrow .

Anybody else watch the rookie Tournament this weekend ? It was entertaining and I heard today's game between Toronto and Montreal was pretty good as well but it was closed to the public for some reason .Still no contract for Nylander in Toronto and no real changes to the D or goaltending for the Leafs , just several UFA veterans aloowed to leave with no return . What did your team do to get better ?
Two words - John Tavares. Go Leafs Go.

Sens let him walk out of the corner and across the front of the net with the puck alone , didn't end well for them LOL !

So is The Grate Ronzini working tonights game ? should be interesting the Leafs have 6 guys of actual NHL level on D tonight plus Andy in net and the Sabres are playing their better squad . Good thing we got the AHL Sabres last night because Sparks and our D were complete Dog Shyte , if it weren't for the scoring machine we would have gotten steam rolled by an AHL squad . On a side note Marner was laying guys out last night lol made a half dozen real solid hits , go figure the kid is starting to fill out .

Watching JT and Marner, it's a natural fit and will only get better.
Young Peterborough Pete Semyon Derarguchintsev played and looked great. Impressed the white hats enuf for a 3 yr contract with them right after the game. Great story.
Go Leafs!

Last edited:
Going to be interesting for my Caps with new coaching staff and unknown backup goalie but alot of unknowns this time last yr and a cup happened.lol

5A1FBE13-43B4-48FE-B2D6-AE353F700E68.jpeg

It's a crap shoot for sure , I like the Caps to repeat or the Bolts to win it all this year , Leafs may make a run at the Presidents Cup but until we see what we end up with for a D corps I don't see us being physical enough to go all the way . Really impressed with McBackup he seems to have picked up where he left off when he got hosed by Babcock , theres been a fair bit of talk about dumping him and making Sparks our backup until he's ready to replace Freddie but I just don't see that ever happening , he's just not good enough yet for the NHL .

Watching JT and Marner, it's a natural fit and will only get better.
Young Peterborough Pete Semyon Derarguchintsev played and looked great. Impressed the white hats enuf for a 3 yr contract with them right after the game. Great story.
Go Leafs!
Yeah you gotta love SDA second youngest in history , youngest since there has been rules for drafting , 1 day younger and he would have had to wait for this years draft . See Mitch is on the PK too , I've been pumping this kid since we got him , watch out it's going to get expensive trying to sign him and Mathews next summer , specially if he puts up more points than Austin again which is very likely with JT instead of Bozo for a center eh !

-
Back