NHL Playoffs 2023

-
Just watched last night hilites, beauty on FLA for pumping the B's. Love seeing Marchand miss the breakaway lol.
Also kudos to Karaken! Take the lead in their series. :thumbsup:

Watched part of that Seattle game but couldn't stay up.
I was a Yanni Gourde fan and have been trying to watch a game here and there.
...but I get up at 4:00 am and watching those west coast time slot games is brutal for me.

Ya Seattle is playing great and with purpose and the Avs are not. The Avs missing 5 defenseman last night doesn't help. Hope the Avs can pull their heads out and take it to game 7.

Speaking of pulling your head out the Bruins better smarten-up all 4 goals Florida scored where from Bruins mistakes.I think they'll win the series but it should already be over:mad::mad::mad:

Leafs lose again, Jets are looking like they've already booked tee times, Hellebuyck gives up 4 goals on 12 shots, Vegas is going to be the first team to advance to the second round.

Vassy's back.

Late breakaway save on Nylander(?) was epic.

Whole lotta "I can't believe that didn't go in".....on both ends.

Great comeback attempt by Tor in the 3rd.

Made it a nail biter.

I also can't believe how many times TBL missed the empty net !?!

That TBL will probably show up tomorrow, but will they show up back up in Toronto?

Well my Jets are done like dinner! At least now they can hang out with the Hawks on the golf course. I gotta pick me a new team to follow for rest of the playoffs.
You and me both, game 5 was brutal, they deserved to lose. Gotta pick a winner next time! Lol

Weird how Paul Morrise quit mid season and Rick B eluded to the same "reasoning" a couple months back.
Makes you think it's a locker room issue. They're a better team then "this"
Well my Jets are done like dinner! At least now they can hang out with the Hawks on the golf course. I gotta pick me a new team to follow for rest of the playoffs.

You and me both, game 5 was brutal, they deserved to lose. Gotta pick a winner next time! Lol

Weird how Paul Morrise quit mid season and Rick B eluded to the same "reasoning" a couple months back.
Makes you think it's a locker room issue. They're a better team then "this"
That is kind of where I went in my head, there is just no way they can play collectively that poorly with the talent they have? There is something not good that we as outsiders cannot see Deep in the club. I sure hope they get it fixed. I am going to mix a toddy and decide who I am going to follow next! Hah!

Wheeler losing the C but remaining on team is a weird one too. Not too often u see that(Dustin Brown). Kraken....??
That is kind of where I went in my head, there is just no way they can play collectively that poorly with the talent they have? There is something not good that we as outsiders cannot see Deep in the club. I sure hope they get it fixed. I am going to mix a toddy and decide who I am going to follow next! Hah!

I think part of the problem is Dubois has openly stated that he wants to play in Montreal. I really like watching him when he's giving 100%, but he was almost invisible in the series, other than winning some key faceoffs, he was largely a passenger. Scheifele was solid at times too, but often was lacking defensively. That's what got him and his line benched a couple months ago. Watching a team like Vegas it's easy to see what makes them successful, they all take responsibility and own it. That's what made the Jets successful in game 1, they played as a group and had a singular mindset. Then in game 2, they had a solid 1st period, until the 4 on 3 power play that was a complete bust. Vegas took over after that, and were the better team the rest of the way, the only exception to that being the comeback in game 3 when the Jets forced overtime, but lost due to a fluky bounce.
It doesn't help losing Josh Morrisey in game 3 either, I was pretty sure that once he was out, there was little chance they would come back, then Scheifele goes down in game 4, end of story. Losing the top d man and the top goal scorer was just to much to expect. Getting Ehlers back in game 5 was good, but he failed to hit the net on 8 shot attempts. Wheeler's best days are behind him, unfortunately, though he did have an ok series, he's just not effective like he was a couple years ago.
Adam Lowry should be given the "C" next season, he's a tough, hard nosed gritty player who stands up for his team and never takes a night off. He'll never be a 40 or even 30 goal scorer, but he's very solid defensively, typically shutting down the opponents top lines, is excellent in the faceoff, kills penalties, and does chip in offensively. Kyle Conner was often invisible and didn't contribute like he's capable of, wondering if he's got a nagging injury. Neiderreiter was better than I expected, same with Namesnikov, but whether either one will stick around remains to be seen. Hellebuyck was not at his best, but he didn't have a lot of help defensively, far too often he had little to no chance, yet still made some incredible saves.
Well, on to the next team, hmmmmm........Seattle, Edmonton, Boston, have to think about it, maybe Tampa.

I think part of the problem is Dubois has openly stated that he wants to play in Montreal. I really like watching him when he's giving 100%, but he was almost invisible in the series, other than winning some key faceoffs, he was largely a passenger. Scheifele was solid at times too, but often was lacking defensively. That's what got him and his line benched a couple months ago. Watching a team like Vegas it's easy to see what makes them successful, they all take responsibility and own it. That's what made the Jets successful in game 1, they played as a group and had a singular mindset. Then in game 2, they had a solid 1st period, until the 4 on 3 power play that was a complete bust. Vegas took over after that, and were the better team the rest of the way, the only exception to that being the comeback in game 3 when the Jets forced overtime, but lost due to a fluky bounce.
It doesn't help losing Josh Morrisey in game 3 either, I was pretty sure that once he was out, there was little chance they would come back, then Scheifele goes down in game 4, end of story. Losing the top d man and the top goal scorer was just to much to expect. Getting Ehlers back in game 5 was good, but he failed to hit the net on 8 shot attempts. Wheeler's best days are behind him, unfortunately, though he did have an ok series, he's just not effective like he was a couple years ago.
Adam Lowry should be given the "C" next season, he's a tough, hard nosed gritty player who stands up for his team and never takes a night off. He'll never be a 40 or even 30 goal scorer, but he's very solid defensively, typically shutting down the opponents top lines, is excellent in the faceoff, kills penalties, and does chip in offensively. Kyle Conner was often invisible and didn't contribute like he's capable of, wondering if he's got a nagging injury. Neiderreiter was better than I expected, same with Namesnikov, but whether either one will stick around remains to be seen. Hellebuyck was not at his best, but he didn't have a lot of help defensively, far too often he had little to no chance, yet still made some incredible saves.
Well, on to the next team, hmmmmm........Seattle, Edmonton, Boston, have to think about it, maybe Tampa.
Just a great synopsis! Totally 100 percent agree on Lowry for the C ! Tampa is giving the Bs all they want. Bs just keep turning the puck over. Lots of talent both teams. The hand pass reversal changed the momentum.

Just flipped to Panthers after watching Jay's game.
Panthers up in the 3rd then give up 2.... now tied again. GO PANTHERS, Marchands a douchebag lol

Monte looked like he needed a drink lol. Irony with Pres Cup, is Panthers got it last year but went nowhere, could be Booins this year.
Great unpredictable hockey.
Boston is done. Florida is in there head. They don't win a game 7.

The curse continues

The MN Wild one and done once again in playoffs. I'm sure it's because I didn't believe strong enough! (Or Dallas better team.)

Game seven Marchand scores game winning goal. You heard it here first! Sadly I think my heart is rooting for Florida. I just can’t seem to be able to say Florida and hockey in the same sentence? Everytime I hear Florida and hockey I think of the Slapshot movie where they are discussing FLA! The curse is real! I am going to wait till this round is over and then pick my playoff favorite moving forward. I got nobody left I actually followed.

Back to back cups didn't cure the "FL teams can't play serious hockey" issue for you?

Good BOS-FLA game and cats pull it out.

I really want to dislike Marchand but he's playing pretty good right now.

Finally caught more than 5 min of a Kraken game.

-
Back